Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2023, 04:09 PM   #761
JoBlo99
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
He's not removable from the hat. But if you are just wanting to know if the hats are the same size, I'd say yes, they appear to be.
ty
JoBlo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 05:51 AM   #762
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I finally got around to opening my Zatanna for inspection. Holy smokes her portrait is SO gorgeous! Probably one of Sideshow's best ever female portraits, and the production quality on the whole piece was excellent. Very happy to have her.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 11:37 AM   #763
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I finally got around to opening my Zatanna for inspection. Holy smokes her portrait is SO gorgeous! Probably one of Sideshow's best ever female portraits, and the production quality on the whole piece was excellent. Very happy to have her.
Congrats, Rebecca. She's a beauty, for sure.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:30 PM   #764
cigaro
Justice League

Well, I really REALLY lagged on opening the EX version of this and was praying there was no breakages but unfortunately the EX hat with goblin had two pieces crack off the brim.

Much too late for a replacement I?ll have to glue or get it professionally fixed. Thank god the empty hat is okay so I can still display her.

Amazing statue!

I did have one question: is it normal for there to be some sort of blue hue paint on the white dress shirt? I couldn?t think of why that would be there , it makes the shirt look a little dirty really is the only way I can explain it. But I think I?ve seen it in other videos of her
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:51 PM   #765
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The ex hat on mine was cracked
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The brim of my EX hat was cracked too
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
the EX hat with goblin had two pieces crack off the brim.
Damn, that piece was obviously not packed well and prone to break from the start, sorry you had that
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:52 PM   #766
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Well, I really REALLY lagged on opening the EX version of this and was praying there was no breakages but unfortunately the EX hat with goblin had two pieces crack off the brim.

Much too late for a replacement I?ll have to glue or get it professionally fixed. Thank god the empty hat is okay so I can still display her.

Amazing statue!

I did have one question: is it normal for there to be some sort of blue hue paint on the white dress shirt? I couldn?t think of why that would be there , it makes the shirt look a little dirty really is the only way I can explain it. But I think I?ve seen it in other videos of her
Sorry to hear that, it's a bummer when you notice an issue after the 30-day period. I always try to inspect and assemble a new statue even if I don't have a place to display them just to check everything is looking and fitting fine - I learned that the hard way.

Regarding the shirt color, on my unit it's not as white as on the proto and production photos, it looks (very) slightly dirty but not to a point that bothers me too much as it's only noticeable from a very close distance.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:55 PM   #767
cigaro
Justice League

Also one other thing, the heel of the boots doesnt touch the glass base, I dont know if this is a common thing with this statue either, I assume it is but it does look a litttttle weird.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:00 PM   #768
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Also one other thing, the heel of the boots doesnt touch the glass base, I dont know if this is a common thing with this statue either, I assume it is but it does look a litttttle weird.
It seems to be common. Some folks speculated that it was done on purpose as if the heel was putting pressure on the acrylic mirror it could potentially crack.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:10 PM   #769
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have the regular. Shirts on mine looks fine.

The heel of the boot on mine does touch the mirror, but just barely. I know there was some concern on it causing a dimple on the mirror. I think mine has settled a bit since I first displayed her, but I don't notice any issues on the mirror and I've had her displayed since May.

Congrats on finally opening her. She's great.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:41 PM   #770
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have the regular. Shirts on mine looks fine.

The heel of the boot on mine does touch the mirror, but just barely. I know there was some concern on it causing a dimple on the mirror. I think mine has settled a bit since I first displayed her, but I don't notice any issues on the mirror and I've had her displayed since May.

Congrats on finally opening her. She's great.
From a distance, I can see the paint is meant to simulate a bit of shadow on the shirt. I just think up real close it loses a little of that effect. A couple of the shirt lines are a little messed up too.

But honestly despite the breakage and the paint imperfection, Im just so happy to have this statiue. its so dope!