Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #321
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Nabbed one - can't believe I'm able to rationalize a $2500 shipped 1/3rd as a "good deal", but with shipping inflation and statue inflation I don't think I'll regret this one (plus the Mrs. loves HQ so I can display her downstairs).
I feel the same way. It seems like the last few months something new and better comes out. Been able to practice restraint. Glad I did so I can focus on getting this one though keep thinking to myself… what have I done
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #322
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Glad folks who wanted one are able to secure. Impressive piece for any Harley fan.
The Prime1 Margot Harley was actually the piece that got me Back into statue collecting after years away (and hooked me on Prime1) She's Still one of my favorites & still stands in my living room. So, when I saw this from JND, I had to have her! I think the head sculpt looks Amazing! There's So Much life in her face! And that ass looks so cute, I might have to display her facing backwards.

If she arrives looking like prototype, I will be Thrilled.
To me, she looks Much Better than the IS 1:1 bust... I was considering that, but I will Gladly take this Beauty for half the price! I got my order in from Spec after nervously waiting all afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
There’s 3 deposit and 17 full pay left at the time of this post, looks like he had around 50 total when it first went live (20 full pay 30 deposit when I first checked).
How do people know what his inventory is?? Just wondering.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:53 PM   #323
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
How is he getting around the US license issue?
Most likely through a gray market seller(s) who ordered direct from JND. One of the reasons for the $400 price increase over JND's price as the gray market seller takes piece.

I am curious given the limited availability of this statue as to how many SpecFiction can actually get. Hope no one's order gets cancelled all get fulfilled.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #324
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I am curious given the limited availability of this statue as to how many SpecFiction can actually get. Hope no one's order gets cancelled all get fulfilled.
Todd has been doing this for a long time. I'm positive he's only taking pre-orders for as many units as he's secured from JND.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:07 PM   #325
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
How is he getting around the US license issue?
Probably like any other piece which isn’t licensed for his region. One of the main reasons that his site is popular at all is that he sources products not licensed for the North American market, like all those XM pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:07 PM   #326
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
How do people know what his inventory is?? Just wondering.
By seeing the maximum amount that can be added to cart.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:08 PM   #327
sabin23
Birdman

Just put my preorder in for Harley - there did not seem to be a deposit option and pay full balance later option so i went with the year long payment plan.

I passed on the Queen Studios Catwoman/Batpod statue so i guess i can justify this purchase... sort of.

I've fallen down the rabbit with JND statues. Their reveal/release schedule seems to be ramping up, i wish they would slow down and take it easy on my wallet.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #328
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Their reveal/release schedule seems to be ramping up, i wish they would slow down and take it easy on my wallet.
In the reveal presentation for HQ, the marketing guy said that instead of releasing a whole bunch of stuff at a time, they were concentrating on doing one thing very well and then delivering product ahead of schedule.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:19 PM   #329
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Just put my preorder in for Harley - there did not seem to be a deposit option and pay full balance later option so i went with the year long payment plan.
Spec seems to allocate a certain amount towards each pre-order method. Deposit generally seems to be the first to go, which is why I wanted to order early. The payment plan is a good option as well but I'm already paying for JND's WW, Joker, and Catwoman via that method. It becomes a bit much.

But, hey, it's all got to be paid off either way.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #330
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Got my order in. I thought Spec was not getting it and had just written it off. I was setting up my display cabinets at the new house and glad I logged in and saw this thread going crazy. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote