Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-11-2022, 12:17 PM   #1
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wakanda Forever Spoiler Thread?

Can we have one?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:53 PM   #2
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm still processing my thoughts on it all.

One detail (of many) that I appreciated was the new suit's use of silver and gold... showing the mixture of personality traits and perspectives of the previous two BPs within this new one.

Hmm, I guess I am still trying to avoid spoilers even in this spoiler thread. I will come back with more later.
AlexLothos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
Mepaphoros

Spoiler
T'Challah could barely handle Winter Soldier, but Shuri can take down Namor 1v1?!? Even after getting a damn spear through her stomach!?! That's a bit much for me, but I really loved the take on Namor for the most part. I get that Wakanda has to kind of win in their own movie, but comic book Namor is probably taking down the entire country by himself. Overall I'd give it an 8/8.5 because the ending was just ok. I would have preferred them having Namor reveal a dastardly plot at the end rather than have him want Wakanda as allies.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:02 PM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Spoiler
T'Challah could barely handle Winter Soldier, but Shuri can take down Namor 1v1?!? Even after getting a damn spear through her stomach!?! That's a bit much for me, but I really loved the take on Namor for the most part. I get that Wakanda has to kind of win in their own movie, but comic book Namor is probably taking down the entire country by himself. Overall I'd give it an 8/8.5 because the ending was just ok. I would have preferred them having Namor reveal a dastardly plot at the end rather than have him want Wakanda as allies.
I don't think Namor

Spoiler
is hoping that Wakanda will ask him for an alliance but rather he knows that the rest of the world will gang up on Wakanda sooner or later. He still has the upper hand since Shuri promised to keep Talokan's existence a secret. This means that the US and other countries blame Wakanda for things that Namor and Talokan did.

The movie was good but too long. Riri Williams should not have been shoehorned into a movie where the plot was already convoluted. Cutting out Riri Williams would've led to cutting out the equally useless Everett Ross, too. They have to find a better way of delivering exposition than people talking and talking and talking.

Also, not enough Lupita Nyong'o. All the time wasted on Riri Williams and Everett Ross would've been better spent on Nakia.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 06:23 PM   #5
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I don't think Namor

Spoiler
is hoping that Wakanda will ask him for an alliance but rather he knows that the rest of the world will gang up on Wakanda sooner or later. He still has the upper hand since Shuri promised to keep Talokan's existence a secret. This means that the US and other countries blame Wakanda for things that Namor and Talokan did.

The movie was good but too long. Riri Williams should not have been shoehorned into a movie where the plot was already convoluted. Cutting out Riri Williams would've led to cutting out the equally useless Everett Ross, too. They have to find a better way of delivering exposition than people talking and talking and talking.

Also, not enough Lupita Nyong'o. All the time wasted on Riri Williams and Everett Ross would've been better spent on Nakia.
Spoiler
Yup, Riri is completely forgettable and her presence immediately reminded me of some crappy Transformers movie ("I'm a thuper geniuth too without even studying!"). Lupita is gorgeous and needs as much screentime as possible, I kind of wanted her to take up the mantle instead.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:00 AM   #6
Peedi
The Secret Six

Eh, spoiler is in the title, shouldn’t that be enough to ward off anybody hoping to avoid spoilers if they read? If not, apologies in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
One detail (of many) that I appreciated was the new suit's use of silver and gold... showing the mixture of personality traits and perspectives of the previous two BPs within this new one.
Good point. I don’t dislike the costume but I like the comic version WAY better (of course the necklace is impractical in live action though). Years ago I made multiple posts saying I want a PF of it. Hopefully it’s now a possibility…but hopefully SS would go the Taskmaster route and do the comic version over the movie version.

But I understand they had to do what falls in line with the movie. Still, something more similar to the comics would’ve made it more of her own rather than so similar to what came before.

Quote:
Spoiler
I think you’re forgetting one thing though. The only way it was possible for her to do so was because of the machine they trapped him in. Otherwise they knew and admitted as much that they couldn’t beat him. And once weakened he was still a beast, operating at an obvious lower capacity. I think they made it clear without some type of intervention they can’t beat him, even comparing his strength to the Hulk.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 12:23 PM   #7
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Eh, spoiler is in the title, shouldn?t that be enough to ward off anybody hoping to avoid spoilers if they read? If not, apologies in advance.

Good point. I don?t dislike the costume but I like the comic version WAY better (of course the necklace is impractical in live action though). Years ago I made multiple posts saying I want a PF of it. Hopefully it?s now a possibility?but hopefully SS would go the Taskmaster route and do the comic version over the movie version.

But I understand they had to do what falls in line with the movie. Still, something more similar to the comics would?ve made it more of her own rather than so similar to what came before.

I think you?re forgetting one thing though. The only way it was possible for her to do so was because of the machine they trapped him in. Otherwise they knew and admitted as much that they couldn?t beat him. And once weakened he was still a beast, operating at an obvious lower capacity. I think they made it clear without some type of intervention they can?t beat him, even comparing his strength to the Hulk.
Yeah, I never knew it was possible to weaken Namor away from the water but I guess it makes sense.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:44 AM   #8
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Yeah, I never knew it was possible to weaken Namor away from the water but I guess it makes sense.
Well that’s the other end of it. This is a movie adaptation. As much as I love the character of T’Challa I accept that the movies just aren’t the comics, they make up what they think works best within the movies.

Namor being weakened that way adds more to the plot, reinforces that our hero characters are smart, and give Shuri an equal footing without her just making tougher armor as she did in the comics.

Also, kudos to the movie for creating a very similar setting to the comics in that final battle.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #9
AC_808
Hercules

Dehydration as a weakness was always canon for Namor in Marvel Comics. As a kid, I grew up reading comics knowing this fact.

I even remember an episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends in the 80's where Namor had a guest appearance and dehydration was used to weaken him. When dehydrated, his stamina, strength and durability greatly diminished.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:51 AM   #10
SickleClaw
Justice League

Just watched this movie today. I do think that the movie did a good job of honoring Bozeman's memory. However, I do also think that Namor doesn't come across as sympathetic at all.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote