Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-01-2020, 08:38 PM   #101
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
There's a lot of drama behind the scenes.

"Ray Fisher Accuses Joss Whedon of ‘Abusive, Unprofessional’ Behavior on ‘Justice League’ Set" https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...ue-1234695831/
Nowadays if you look at someone wrong they call you abusive…

That said this isn't the first time I've heard of Whedon having a temper but I swear everyone nowadays has ultra-thin skin... Talk about your snowflakes... boo-hoo he hurt my feelings...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #102
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think a lot of the cast were biting their tongues in regards to how this production was handled. I mean, what else is the guy supposed to say about Whedon at the time he made that comment when they’re actually supposed to be promoting the film? His body language said it all. Looked like he was just taking the high road and going through the motions due to the situation. Fast forward to today, the film bombed, all the studio interference is coming to light and the Snyder Cut has been green lit. Seems like a perfect time to get that off his chest if he was holding onto it since then. Whedon is pretty powerful in Hollywood so I can understand being apprehensive about sharing his true feelings before this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:47 PM   #103
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think a lot of the cast were biting their tongues in regards to how this production was handled. I mean, what else is the guy supposed to say about Whedon at the time he made that comment when they’re actually supposed to be promoting the film? His body language said it all. Looked like he was just taking the high road and going through the motions due to the situation. Fast forward to today, the film bombed, all the studio interference is coming to light and the Snyder Cut has been green lit. Seems like a perfect time to get that off his chest if he was holding onto it since then. Whedon is pretty powerful in Hollywood so I can understand being apprehensive about sharing his true feelings before this.
yeah, but who doesn't hate their boss
Old 07-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #104
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
yeah, but who doesn't hate their boss
For sure. Not many of us get a chance to call them on their crap for fear of repercussion though.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #105
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
For sure. Not many of us get a chance to call them on their crap for fear of repercussion though.

Yeah, but he didn't exactly say in the article what Whedon did on set... If people are going to make accusations about other people then say what they are. At least then we can decide if there is merit to what he is saying or if he's just upset because the director wasn't patting him on the back telling him how great an actor he is.

When you're helming the ship of a $400+ million dollar movie you can't be everyone's best friend... sometimes you have to crack the whip but there is a line that can be crossed and if that is the case then it should be made clear exactly what he did.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #106
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah, but he didn't exactly say in the article what Whedon did on set... If people are going to make accusations about other people then say what they are. At least then we can decide if there is merit to what he is saying or if he's just upset because the director wasn't patting him on the back telling him how great an actor he is.

When you're helming the ship of a $400+ million dollar movie you can't be everyone's best friend... sometimes you have to crack the whip but there is a line that can be crossed and if that is the case then it should be made clear exactly what he did.
I don't know. I don't think he needs to get specific. It's not like he's filing charges against the guy, just sharing an opinion, which he is entitled to whether one agrees with it or not.

Cyborg was supposed to be the heart of Snyder's JL and Whedon butchered Fisher's role with his cut, shelving a good portion of what was already in the bag. It's possible there's some sour grapes on Fisher's part on how that was handled by both Whedon and management. Especially coming off Snyder who is known for being very inspirational and collaborative.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:34 PM   #107
nearmint
Phoenix

The part about Whedon being enabled by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg rubs me the wrong way. I’ve worked with Jon Berg, and he always seemed to be a consummate professional to me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:02 PM   #108
adee
Green Arrow

Batfleck singing is good news, I didn’t like what they did with Batman in JL but I liked him in BvS and hope they correct that part.

Has there ever been two Batman’s at the same time?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #109
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Batfleck was great. That scene in BvS where he saves Supes mom is still hands down the best Batman sequence in any Batman film ever made. At least in my opinion.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #110
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Batfleck was great. That scene in BvS where he saves Supes mom is still hands down the best Batman sequence in any Batman film ever made. At least in my opinion.
That's less Batfleck and more a credit to the stunt team and CGI.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote