Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-14-2022, 06:31 PM   #91
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Aw man, awesome. Jealous.

I'm not sure which/how many issues I have. Haven't opened the box in many years, even through a recent move. There are only a few I'm absolutely sure I have, but so many are a blur - I can't remember if I own them, or just would stare at them repeatedly at the store. lol I only collected Volume 1, but skipped plenty because as a kid, I was attracted to the cover art primarily. If I didn't like it, I didn't buy it.

Pretty sure I don't own either printing of #4, and kicking myself for that. I think I only still have about a dozen issues (I'll have to dig them out soon; now I'm curious...), but I know that I have #1 Fourth printing, #7 First printing, #24, #25, #26, and the 'snapping turtles' #31 posted earlier.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #92
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Aw man, awesome. Jealous.

I'm not sure which/how many issues I have. Haven't opened the box in many years, even through a recent move. There are only a few I'm absolutely sure I have, but so many are a blur - I can't remember if I own them, or just would stare at them repeatedly at the store. lol I only collected Volume 1, but skipped plenty because as a kid, I was attracted to the cover art primarily. If I didn't like it, I didn't buy it.

Pretty sure I don't own either printing of #4, and kicking myself for that. I think I only still have about a dozen issues (I'll have to dig them out soon; now I'm curious...), but I know that I have #1 Fourth printing, #7 First printing, #24, #25, #26, and the 'snapping turtles' #31 posted earlier.
Yeah, we're all kicking ourselves of the things we had a chance to snag as a kid, that are now worth a few bones. Lol...

I also would buy comics based on the cool covers. I still have all my childhood comics bagged & boarded. I also picked up a lot of them graded in CGC slabs, so I can display them for the Nostalgic Imagery. Mostly Aliens & Predator, TMNT etc. Going to a comic book store as a kid in the late 80's - 90s, was fun as hell event. Same type of thrill when also going to buy CD's at a music store, or going to Toys R' US to buy Nintendo games. There was nothing like the good ol' days.... Nothing will ever beat it.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:57 PM   #93
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah, we're all kicking ourselves of the things we had a chance to snag as a kid, that are now worth a few bones. Lol...

I also would buy comics based on the cool covers. I still have all my childhood comics bagged & boarded. I also picked up a lot of them graded in CGC slabs, so I can display them for the Nostalgic Imagery. Mostly Aliens & Predator, TMNT etc. Going to a comic book store as a kid in the late 80's - 90s, was fun as hell event. Same type of thrill when also going to buy CD's at a music store, or going to Toys R' US to buy Nintendo games. There was nothing like the good ol' days.... Nothing will ever beat it.
You're so right about this, and I was thinking something similar just a few days ago. I know most people grow up thinking they lived at the best time, but I certainly feel that's true of Gen X (and several years of Millennials, I guess). The golden age of malls, arcades, comic stores, music stores, toy stores, theaters, etc. What do kids even have to do today that isn't online gaming or social (isolation) media?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #94
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:

Quote:
You're so right about this, and I was thinking something similar just a few days ago. I know most people grow up thinking they lived at the best time, but I certainly feel that's true of Gen X (and several years of Millennials, I guess). The golden age of malls, arcades, comic stores, music stores, toy stores, theaters, etc. What do kids even have to do today that isn't online gaming or social (isolation) media?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:55 PM   #95
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I think you guys are right. Size is definitely a factor, as I said as well, originally. I have always passed on this scale... but these characters, with this sculpt, were too good for me to pass up, this time.
Agree. Most of my collection is 1/4 and a few 1/3 scale. Have missed out on some good TMNT sets and I do love these comic book looking TMNT. I got the color version. As far as Iron Studios I did get the ?I am Iron Man? 1/10 for free using my rewards from SS. It turned out good.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:41 PM   #96
VILE GUILE

Looks like the Leo EX red version is sold-out now. Won't be long before the other 3 follow suite. I switched my order to the regular versions, but it's still good to see there's interest in this line.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:05 PM   #97
Peedi
The Secret Six

If I got the color versions I’d wish I had the exclusive versions that are rarer and reminiscent of the original comics. I’m getting the exclusive versions so I already miss that I won’t have the colors lol.

I wish they were just switch out pieces like sideshow’s. But that might’ve been difficult for 1/10.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:58 AM   #98
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If I got the color versions I?d wish I had the exclusive versions that are rarer and reminiscent of the original comics. I?m getting the exclusive versions so I already miss that I won?t have the colors lol.

I wish they were just switch out pieces like sideshow?s. But that might?ve been difficult for 1/10.
I disagree with you. Buying them for the sole purpose of them being more rare & potentially more valuable, wasn't enough for me to stick with them. Let's face it. It's Iron Studio's 1/10 scale mini statues. Unless you're trying to scalp them for peanuts, you shouldn't be too concerned on the value down the road. What could they fetch in a few years? An extra $150-$175 a pop? (Whoop dee doo) Lol... Their already expensive enough for the size as it is.

As far as having switch out colored bandana heads as an option....that would be a bad idea. They'd have neck seams and not worth the eyesore. Turtle statues always have bad neck seams, because they don't have hair or anything to conceal them. Predator statues on the other hand are perfect for switch out portraits, with the dredlocks & all. That's why they have 3 or 4 different portraits now a days.

Basically when I think of the TMNT, the different colors give them more personality, color contrast, identity and it's what most people grown a custom to, oppose to the all red bandanas. Not trying to diss the all red versions, as I actually ordered those at first, but changed my mind for the regular set. Making them separate sets was a good move to me.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:28 PM   #99
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I disagree with you. Buying them for the sole purpose of them being more rare & potentially more valuable, wasn't enough for me to stick with them. Let's face it. It's Iron Studio's 1/10 scale mini statues. Unless you're trying to scalp them for peanuts, you shouldn't be too concerned on the value down the road. What could they fetch in a few years? An extra $150-$175 a pop? (Whoop dee doo) Lol... Their already expensive enough for the size as it is.
I never said anything about monetary value. When I said “I’d wish I had the exclusive versions that are rarer” I meant exactly that, for me to have regardless of their value. I like both versions and went back and forth on which ones to order so since it’s a toss up I went with the rarer versions.

You got me all wrong though. The things I have that are the most valuable are typically and coincidentally the things I like too much to even think about selling. One of my best friends told me to sell my Ultimate Fallout #4 Djurdjevic variant. But I’m a huge Miles Morales fan, I don’t care how much I’d get for it. That book meant a lot to me when it was in bargain bins. It’s staying with me. Same with my X-Force Psylocke. I’m one of the few with the forbidden psyblade so I know I could get more money off it than anybody else. But I’m a fan of Uncanny X-Force, I read it as the issues came out and loved it, so the statue is staying with me.

Quote:
As far as having switch out colored bandana heads as an option....that would be a bad idea. They'd have neck seams and not worth the eyesore. Turtle statues always have bad neck seams, because they don't have hair or anything to conceal them. Predator statues on the other hand are perfect for switch out portraits, with the dredlocks & all. That's why they have 3 or 4 different portraits now a days.

Basically when I think of the TMNT, the different colors give them more personality, color contrast, identity and it's what most people grown a custom to, oppose to the all red bandanas. Not trying to diss the all red versions, as I actually ordered those at first, but changed my mind for the regular set. Making them separate sets was a good move to me.
Naw, I had the old sideshow Leonardo and Raphael exclusive comiquettes. Leonardo’s head seam was at the bottom of the bandana. That’s what I’m referring to when I said “I wish they were just switch out pieces like sideshow’s.” But also like I said, that might’ve been difficult for 1/10, because of the size. I don’t know. But it worked on the comiquettes which I believe are 1/5. And going back to what I was aging about me having either set, I’ll wish I had the other, if they went the OG sideshow route I’d have both in one.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #100
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Raphael 100 sold out, which makes sense. It's the same so might as well get the 100 base. Leonardo 100 is also sold out, the other 2 are still available.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote