Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-25-2022, 09:36 PM   #101
No1
The Avengers

did you guys see, IS will change the color from Comics version, to that gray look in the pictures, so after many people asking will be 2 really diferent turtles, one more colorful and the other more "Noir"
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:44 PM   #102
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
did you guys see, IS will change the color from Comics version, to that gray look in the pictures, so after many people asking will be 2 really diferent turtles, one more colorful and the other more "Noir"

EDIT: Guess you're right, if Iron Studios' website is to be believed. The description doesn't say anything about it, but the pictures are all changed to the greyed-out ones.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:00 AM   #103
No1
The Avengers

They tell the change on their Telegram today.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:35 AM   #104
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
They tell the change on their Telegram today.
Instagram...haha. Thank you - just checked that to confirm.

Let me state - I like the greyscale idea. I suggested it for a rerelease of the SS comiquettes. But I don't like that,

#1 - they are making this change long after pre-orders opened. And to be accurate, this isn't an 'improvement', so much as it's a 'change'. They must have gotten well over 50 requests, from people that have already pre-ordered, because to make that change for everyone that already pre-ordered the items when they were solicited as full color would be sure to piss some off.

But #2, I don't really care for their implementation of the greyscale, if the current mock-up ends up being accurate. It appears they've simply dialed back the color to ~%10. That's...dumb. Either make it color, or make it greyscale. (Bandanas are an understandable artistic exception. They add to the portrayal of the Turtles as a comic representation.) But leaving a little bit of color?? What is that a representation of? Nothing. The comic pages are black and white and grey. Leaving a little bit of color is just going to end up making the Turtles look...sick.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:40 PM   #105
Peedi
The Secret Six

Well it’s based off of feedback and what people seemed to have wanted. We’ve seen comments from people saying they wished the statues were the colors from the image, there’s only 100 of each so it didn’t take a ton of feedback. I won’t blame Iron Studios for listening to its customers in this case. If they got a lot of feedback for something there’s a relatively low amount of, might as well make those people happy.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:43 PM   #106
Peedi
The Secret Six

I got the email announcing the change. I’m curious what the exclusive gift is? I don’t see anything saying what it is.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:13 PM   #107
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I got the email announcing the change. I?m curious what the exclusive gift is? I don?t see anything saying what it is.
They said you're getting a poster on the Instagram post.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #108
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm actually happy I had switched from the EX versions, for the full color regular versions a while back. Not only for getting the vibrant colors of the TMNT, but the bases having nice color to match. Look at the bases on EX now. The bricks, slime etc. looks dull like I guess it should for those, but I'm not diggin' it. For me personally, I know I made the right decision.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #109
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
They said you're getting a poster on the Instagram post.
Oh cool I only saw the email. That works for me though. Wasn?t expecting anything, so nice.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:54 PM   #110
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well that sucks. I would have ordered the exclusives if that was the color scheme from the start, but now two of them are sold out. I’m not gonna buy half a set.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote