Old 08-17-2021, 07:55 PM   #13
shedman
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Forgot about that one, yes l do
shedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:36 PM   #14
Danel
Doh!

I have a light and dark version of the Invisible Woman, a Human Torch, a Thing (FF), and a Silver Surfer. (All Bowen full-size scale.) Those were all purchased in 2003-2004

I also have a Doctor Doom from Brazil, I picked up in 2002 that my notes say was Ameida Design. Not sure about that one.

I am scaling down all of my stuff and would just like to firm up the provenance on the items before I sell them, so the new owners will have some history. Having a heck of a time getting in touch with anyone at ARH, though.
Danel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #15
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danel View Post
I have a light and dark version of the Invisible Woman, a Human Torch, a Thing (FF), and a Silver Surfer. (All Bowen full-size scale.) Those were all purchased in 2003-2004

I also have a Doctor Doom from Brazil, I picked up in 2002 that my notes say was Ameida Design. Not sure about that one.

I am scaling down all of my stuff and would just like to firm up the provenance on the items before I sell them, so the new owners will have some history. Having a heck of a time getting in touch with anyone at ARH, though.
You are making things hard on yourself. Just make a facebook page and get in contact and then get rid of it.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #16
Danel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
You are making things hard on yourself. Just make a facebook page and get in contact and then get rid of it.
I have tried the ARH email address on FB and on the ARH website. Just doesn't respond. Also tried to contact him through this site with no luck. I will give the email address he has listed here a shot. Maybe that will work.

I do not have a FB page and do not want a FB page. I built a completely stripped down page recently with the intent of taking a look at the site of an organization I joined (took me 20 minutes to dig through all of the FB tracking and turn it off and I am pretty good at that sort of thing.) It lasted about two days. Someone turned me into the Facebook AI police and they gave me the boot. (Not a big deal. I was going to close the account as soon as I was able to access that one page anyway.)

If you want to have some fun, download your data file from FB and look at all the info they have on you (and sell to others). They have to give it to you and it is a good idea to do periodically, so any content you have posted or uploaded has a local back-up. May generate a red flag against your FB account though. FB's success is predicated on keeping the livestock happy and blissfully ignorant. They do not like anything that sounds like a question.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #17
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

If they are ARH it is possible he doesn't want to say anything. I know when he was just a struggling guy in Brazil trying to scratch out a living by sculpting original takes on Marvel characters and selling ridiculously small runs (like 10-20 copies) he still got hit with cease and desist from Marvel as he did not have a license. This is just speculation on my part but he may not want to even discuss old stuff for that reason.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #18
Danel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
If they are ARH it is possible he doesn't want to say anything. I know when he was just a struggling guy in Brazil trying to scratch out a living by sculpting original takes on Marvel characters and selling ridiculously small runs (like 10-20 copies) he still got hit with cease and desist from Marvel as he did not have a license. This is just speculation on my part but he may not want to even discuss old stuff for that reason.
Thanks,

That was kind of how I was leaning also. Back when I bought these on eBay (2002-2004), it was assumed that these statues were not licensed and there was talk that they had drawn Marvel's attention. That was never confirmed (that I was aware of), but the statues did disappear from eBay.

Still, I see no harm in him discussing them. As long as he ceased and desisted, he is all good now. I will keep trying for now.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:42 PM   #19
Danel
Doh!

Still no luck contacting ARH to get additional background info on these Marvel pieces from his early days in Brazil. I am selling all of my Marvel stuff (mainly Fantastic Four), so thought I would drop a link to the eBay ad for the ARH Human Torch from 2002 in case anyone wants to take a gander at it before it finds a new home.

Thanks for the feedback I did get here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154676980625