Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2021, 07:08 AM   #151
SkilledButton
The Avengers
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
He looks like he'll display well with Archangel from the looks of the base...
My thoughts too. They likely will go very well together... Been waiting for this one.

In before TENTACLE PORN!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #152
moyiori
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
In before TENTACLE PORN!
The tentacle porn audience is bigger than we realize, they buy stuff so i'm sure they did it to win them over .

I'm pretty tempted by this, depending on the size/price. My one criticism so far is the hand raised up, it adds height issues for display cases. That was my main dislike on the sideshow Apocalypse. If its possible to have another hand that faces forward that be cool.

It's the only X-men theme XM statue in the recent PO's that i'd consider getting right now. What are your thoughts on PO date ? I'm guessing 1st or 2nd week in October....

Last edited by moyiori; 09-23-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #153
Walton.Chunky
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 74
I just want to see how much XM messed with the costume. Minor tweaks I’m fine with, because it does need some texture. I just don’t want it coming out looking like it belongs more with their transformer pieces than an Apocalypse statue.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #154
SkilledButton
The Avengers
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
I just want to see how much XM messed with the costume. Minor tweaks I’m fine with, because it does need some texture. I just don’t want it coming out looking like it belongs more with their transformer pieces than an Apocalypse statue.
My biggest concern too, I hope his costume isn't too robotic (for lack of a better word).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post

It's the only X-men theme XM statue in the recent PO's that i'd consider getting right now. What are your thoughts on PO date ? I'm guessing 1st or 2nd week in October....
Hopefully should see soon, I figure reveal and PO will be in 2 weeks.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:44 PM   #155
xb24
The Spirit
 
xb24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
I just want to see how much XM messed with the costume. Minor tweaks Iím fine with, because it does need some texture. I just donít want it coming out looking like it belongs more with their transformer pieces than an Apocalypse statue.
Same. I hope it won't be long before Sideshow makes a new Apocalypse. I prefer their art direction and simpler designs.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:58 PM   #156
Walton.Chunky
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Same. I hope it won't be long before Sideshow makes a new Apocalypse. I prefer their art direction and simpler designs.
To be fair the last Apocalypse Sideshow made was an absolute dumpster fire of a piece. Iím just hoping XM didnít go overboard and that they have a version with two normal hands. The weapon hands from the Sideshow piece looked awful.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:49 PM   #157
Destroyous
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
The tentacle porn audience is bigger than we realize, they buy stuff so i'm sure they did it to win them over .

I'm pretty tempted by this, depending on the size/price. My one criticism so far is the hand raised up, it adds height issues for display cases. That was my main dislike on the sideshow Apocalypse. If its possible to have another hand that faces forward that be cool.

It's the only X-men theme XM statue in the recent PO's that i'd consider getting right now. What are your thoughts on PO date ? I'm guessing 1st or 2nd week in October....
Iím the same I do nothing over 24 inches tall. It helps to limit the stuff I buy too but thereís often enough some that barely go over it and then Iím bummed that I canít get it. Like the Cable PF. Itís very possible that that arm can be a switch out though but then the height anyway might still be over 24 inches for me.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #158
Peedi
Kingpin
 
Peedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 5,263
I like the Sideshow PF. Apocalypse is my favorite villain (is he even that anymore though?) and I far prefer the PF over this overly machine look robot. I’m not disappointed by this because I had no expectations but I would’ve loved something *closer* (as in not exactly the same, because why would anyone expect that from XM?) to classic comic Apocalypse.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:29 AM   #159
SkilledButton
The Avengers
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
To be fair the last Apocalypse Sideshow made was an absolute dumpster fire of a piece. I’m just hoping XM didn’t go overboard and that they have a version with two normal hands. The weapon hands from the Sideshow piece looked awful.
I agree completely. When I first started collecting, I desperately wanted an Apocalypse statue, the only one I could find was sideshows.... could have gotten it very cheap on eBay at the time but not sure I'd have taken it for any price. I think the only piece I've seen I dislike more is the sideshow Cyclops og, you know, the one where his face looks like it was ran over by a tank.

Instead, figured I'd try my luck elsewhere and start picking up pieces I really liked while waiting for another apocalypse to be released. All my hopes lie with tentacle porn XM and big A! Hopefully they can come through for us, and give us a hit. based on early renders, I'm not very convinced but we'll see after they show the full reveal.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #160
SDguy
The InJustice League
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,184
I like the SS one too. I purposely picked it up recently knowing the XM would definitely be overdesigned. Since then, now I am sort of hoping for as Bayformer XM Apocalypse. I think he'll look cool juxtapositioned next to the SS one. I just hope the details aren't dumb like big stitching in his "outfit"....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com