Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 11-21-2015, 02:59 AM   #101
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Met Joe Jusko today at a local convention. He said the cards will be released in April and he still has 10 paintings to do. My priority and reason for going to the convention was just to find out about Marvel Masterpieces lol. I couldnt help it and had to ask if he did an Apocalypse for the new set, which he has, and even brought it up on his phone for me to see which was cool of him. It looks great (as expected) and has his spaceship in the background with a p.o.v looking up at him. I also asked him about the originals and he said he isnt making firm plans yet, and wont be comitting or even certain what he wants to do with them until the cards are released. He was super friendly, I'll show the Cap print I got a little later of a 2015 painting.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #102
Brian R.
The Riddler

Great news! I'm glad Upper Deck allowed him the extra time to finish these. They will certainly be worth the wait. I only hope most of the characters are wearing their classic costumes.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #103
SONICobra
Bane

outstanding!!!!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #104
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Met Joe Jusko today at a local convention. He said the cards will be released in April and he still has 10 paintings to do. My priority and reason for going to the convention was just to find out about Marvel Masterpieces lol. I couldnt help it and had to ask if he did an Apocalypse for the new set, which he has, and even brought it up on his phone for me to see which was cool of him. It looks great (as expected) and has his spaceship in the background with a p.o.v looking up at him. I also asked him about the originals and he said he isnt making firm plans yet, and wont be comitting or even certain what he wants to do with them until the cards are released. He was super friendly, I'll show the Cap print I got a little later of a 2015 painting.
thats awesome you asked him in person, I was really wondering what was up with this set

2014, no wait 2015, no no, 2016 marvel masterpieces!! lol im just glad its still happening, im gonna buy a lot of boxes of this set, I usually just get the base set and chase cards for most card sets but im gonna go all out for autograph cards and sketch cards this time around, this is a set i've been waiting for since I was a kid

I also hope most of the artwork has the characters in their classic costumes, but knowing marvels mandates I doubt it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:30 AM   #105
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Great news!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #106
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
how did Apoc look? was he classic or new age?
Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #107
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Great news!
Great news indeed! I know I want several boxes, but I might just get an entire case if I can!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #108
Furyan
Mephisto

Didnt know these were happening cant wait to collect em.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #109
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

2014, no 2015, no wait 2016 marvel masterpieces! still no release date on this set worries me greatly, hopefully doesnt push to 2017 marvel masterpieces
Old 03-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #110
Brian R.
The Riddler

Hopefully he's just about finished the last ten by now. Even after he finishes tough, I imagine Marvel will have to approve everything before they're released.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote