Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #81
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Being simply entertaining is usually not the bar that films are rated against.

Some not so fun and ‘entertaining’ films can be extremely well done films and vise versa.

Writing, direction, cinematography and many others are usually what make a film.

I also loved Infinity War. For me it was a blast to watch from beginning to end.

But whereas I enjoyed watching Godzilla vs Kong, there’s quite a bit that could’ve been done better. Imo there are a lot of popcorn/action movies which have been just as entertaining but with fewer holes or issues in it.
While I do agree with what you say, to me plot holes, writing, directing, stuff that makes or breaks a movie to most people mean nothing to me. I rate my films based on how much I was entertained. I know that line of thinking may make some people angry for some reason, but that’s just how I roll. Life is too short to worry about stuff like plot holes, how good or bad the writing and acting is, stuff like that. If it’s bad I can laugh at it and have a good time. If it’s great I still have a good time. Maybe that’s why I love so many films most people may consider “trash”, I just make try to make any movie, good or bad, a fun time.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #82
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Some films should be rated on entertainment value because they're not made to be high-level cinema. Godzilla movies are purely made to be entertainment. Monsters wrecking ---- is the only reason most people watch them. I don't care about the humans at all. I don't care about how crazy the science is or how realistic something is portrayed. I just want to see monsters stomping around shmooshing humans, knocking down buildings, and fighting each other. Mission accomplished with this film so might as well give it a decent score.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:13 PM   #83
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Some films should be rated on entertainment value because they're not made to be high-level cinema. Godzilla movies are purely made to be entertainment. Monsters wrecking ---- is the only reason most people watch them. I don't care about the humans at all. I don't care about how crazy the science is or how realistic something is portrayed. I just want to see monsters stomping around shmooshing humans, knocking down buildings, and fighting each other. Mission accomplished with this film so might as well give it a decent score.
I'm with you. It's like imagining I am Calvin in the calvin and hobbes book, when he is the dinosaur destroying sand castle aka cities etc. hahahaha.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #84
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

I ordered the MOFO & I don't collect busts it's just that I've been waiting on a Legendary Godzilla since it's first film & I missed out on Sideshows Maquette.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:54 PM   #85
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wonder when the VS piece will be revealed and at what scale? Price?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:12 AM   #86
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I wonder when the VS piece will be revealed and at what scale? Price?
Really lookin forward to this too. Wonder if it's the base will be the ship and water... or city with buildings.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:31 AM   #87
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really like it but it's a bust so I can't.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:20 AM   #88
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I really like it but it's a bust so I can't.
Are they illegal where you live?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #89
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Are they illegal where you live?
lmao no, but I made it sound that way didn't I. I just don't collect busts is all.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #90
BurningRage
Inhumans

You can buy one if you want. Don’t have to collect a line of them.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote