Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-25-2021, 01:20 PM   #11
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I try to stay far away from Facebook, but your post got my curiosity up to go looking. Yeah, I see where they hint at it. I just wish they would come out and announce it if so. I would rather put my money toward the statues. It just makes it hard to plan ahead.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #12
dechirico7
The Flash

I will buy almost anything Labyrinth. I don't mind these minis. I will likely get the bigger pieces too.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Those are cute but m only interested in movie accurate sculpts. Congrats.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:01 AM   #14
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

SIR DIDYMUS & AMBROSIUS
LIMITED EDITION
1:6 SCALE STATUE
Traversing the depths of the Bog of Eternal Stench, daring to go where no artist has gone before, Sir Didymus & Ambrosius is coming soon.

Open for pre-order March 30th at 1pm (PDT).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26082.png
Views:	35
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	148155  
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:02 AM   #15
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/...ymus-ambrosius

Is this place super dead or what? This is the greatest news to hit the statue collectible world in the past 10 years and nobody here is talking about it!

It is expensive though at $400 USD but I need it. Thus, I pre-ordered it.

l also need Ludo, Hoggle and basically everything else. I'll skip Jareth, Sarah and Toby though. Maybe the worm too because it's not to scale which might bug me. We'll see. I'm going to need a new display cabinet!

Old 04-09-2022, 11:03 AM   #16
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Is this place super dead or what? This is the greatest news to hit the statue collectible world in the past 10 years and nobody here is talking about it!

l also need Ludo, Hoggle and basically everything else. I'll skip Jareth, Sarah and Toby though. Maybe the worm too because it's not to scale which might bug me. We'll see. I'm going to need a new display cabinet!
I've noticed that too. Definitely more should be talking about this. When was the first time you saw the movie? Did you grow up watching it?

Are you thinking about skipping the human characters because of Weta's QC trend with portraits? I'm not as huge of fan of this than say, Dark Crystal, but this line/collection certainly has me intrigued. Sometime this summer I need to go through my collection and likely downsize it. Since I've only been using money from figure sales to buy my new stuff for many years, I feel like I'm being priced out in this hobby -- everything has gone up but figures/statues seem to have increased in price by a huge percentage. (Or I suppose I could just spend new money )
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:21 PM   #17
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
When was the first time you saw the movie? Did you grow up watching it?
I've loved this movie since I was 3 years old. It's one of my earliest childhood memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
Are you thinking about skipping the human characters because of Weta's QC trend with portraits?
Part of it is the portraits. Part of it is the cost. But for the most part, it's having more love for the puppets and far more wanting them represented in my collection.
Old 04-09-2022, 02:24 PM   #18
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I do want this. I can't fathom skipping Jareth, Sarah or Toby, but on the other hand, I'm still very salty about getting burned by Chronicle Collectibles on their Jareth statue. I'll reserve my judgements on the human characters until I see production pics. If they're not spot on, then the whole line is a no go for me.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:46 PM   #19
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I do want this. I can't fathom skipping Jareth, Sarah or Toby, but on the other hand, I'm still very salty about getting burned by Chronicle Collectibles on their Jareth statue. I'll reserve my judgements on the human characters until I see production pics. If they're not spot on, then the whole line is a no go for me.
Didn't anyone every pickup that Jareth piece? I thought I heard someone was paying to have those finished like happened with their Rotunda Rex.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #20
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Looks like the Jareth and Sarah in the Illusionary Maze goes up for preorder on April 19/20.

19th April at 2PM (PDT)
19th April at 11PM (CEST)
20th April at 9AM (NZST)

I don't know why women didn't care about their eyebrows in the 80's but I'm hoping Weta doesn't adhere to eyebrow accuracy for Sarah but instead make some nice/primped (non frazzled/unkempt all-over-the-place) brows for the gal. But speaking of Weta's portraits that Superman eyebrows on the production... I'm glad I didn't have it on PO. OK I'm done ranting about eye brows unless the Sarah reveal gets me going again.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote