Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2021, 12:27 AM   #101
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The SS LSF Doom is still my favorite Doom piece I own. Looking forward to this one.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:31 AM   #102
jbo0307
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Fully sculpted or fail. At least to me it is. I have the Logan and I tolerate the jeans. Totally unnecessary. Sculpted jeans would’ve been way better.
I’m in the same boat, not that this applies to me but by doing one single fabric cape version you also ignore those who can’t display mixed media due to climate.
jbo0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:33 AM   #103
jbo0307
Doh!

LSF is amazing but sadly a little too big for myself.
jbo0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:02 AM   #104
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf79 View Post
The biggest issue with the last one wasn’t as much the masks as it was the stature. It was as if they designed the figure as someone who was already pretty thin and not wearing any armor in the chest at all. I’m not saying Victor has to be buff outside of the armor but if the armor being on was an indication of his size he was Prisoner of war skinny. The armor and cape need to have a little more girth to them to give him a commanding more menacing look.
I've heard the skinny complaint before. I always believe that boils down to artistic license. For example John Romita Jr draws a very stout looking Doctor Doom. He's very thick and imposing. However, John Byrne drew Victor as a sleek looking character who looked regal instead of physical. While I like JR JR's art, I'm a HUGE Byrne fan and like his take on Doom. I think the last PF is spot on to Byrne's take on the character.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:06 AM   #105
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Agreed, the classic Mask is actually very well done on the last Doom PF. I put it on when I got the statue and haven't taken it off.

Yep, since the day I got it, the modern portrait was inspected and put right back into the box. I haven't seen it since.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:07 AM   #106
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf79 View Post
The biggest issue with the last one wasn’t as much the masks as it was the stature. It was as if they designed the figure as someone who was already pretty thin and not wearing any armor in the chest at all. I’m not saying Victor has to be buff outside of the armor but if the armor being on was an indication of his size he was Prisoner of war skinny. The armor and cape need to have a little more girth to them to give him a commanding more menacing look.
In other words he should look like a fit man who’s wearing actual armor as opposed to a robot.

I think a lot of artists do that with armor. They treat it the same as they do cloth costumes. There’s a reason why if you look up heights of people like Victor Von Doom and Tony Stark they have 2 heights, one out of armor and one in-armor.

It’s even worse with large armor where the armor typically doesn’t match the character’s anatomy. Look at Lex Luther and Samus. If their armors were real, when the armor bends at the elbows it would break the person inside’s forearm.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #107
AC_808
Hercules

Bumping this sucker up from page 5 cause it's one of my highly anticipated piece.

When are we going to see more news about this piece anyway?!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:25 PM   #108
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Bumping this sucker up from page 5 cause it's one of my highly anticipated piece.

When are we going to see more news about this piece anyway?!
SDCC...if we're lucky.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #109
AC_808
Hercules

Man ...this waiting game ...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:57 PM   #110
Mister H
Gen 13

You looking for a classic or modernized Doom?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote