Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2020, 10:51 PM   #131
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I don't think this will have any problem selling because its unique, which is desperately needed in superman statues right now. I'm always looking for superman statues that are more interested in the character than in his power or his abilities, and I really dig this. I'm in.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #132
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I don't think this will have any problem selling because its unique, which is desperately needed in superman statues right now. I'm always looking for superman statues that are more interested in the character than in his power or his abilities, and I really dig this. I'm in.
Agreed 100%. I think this concept is really cool and different and the people nitpicking are really stretching - this is exactly the kind of thing the board has been asking for for ages and then when it's finally made everyone's trying to come up with ways it isn't exactly what they want. Also, the portraits on this are absolutely fantastic and for my money Matt Black is one of the most underrated sculptors out there.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #133
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

I am actually concerned if such dynamic pose can withstand the test of time. I don't think the figure will be heavy polystone. Else it sure will break hearts if the sole decided to give way one day.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #134
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkun_sg View Post
I am actually concerned if such dynamic pose can withstand the test of time. I don't think the figure will be heavy polystone. Else it sure will break hearts if the sole decided to give way one day.
I'm sure it will break more than hearts.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #135
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
It will certainly have a rod holding all of the weight in the foot and leg, at the very least. Not just the sole of the shoe holding it in place.

Regardless, it does appear to be precariously designed.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #136
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
It will certainly have a rod holding all of the weight in the foot and leg, at the very least. Not just the sole of the shoe holding it in place.

Regardless, it does appear to be precariously designed.
Does that mean the foot that touches the ground will have sculpted shoes and socks instead of real fabric? someone pls tell me I am wrong.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:36 PM   #137
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Does that mean the foot that touches the ground will have sculpted shoes and socks instead of real fabric? someone pls tell me I am wrong.
I can't imagine that the anchoring piece isn't solid. Is that supposed to be a water splash or is he compacting the concrete with his force?

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this piece is my concern about the leaning issues. I don't mind the mixed media, it looks great in the photos.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #138
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I can't imagine that the anchoring piece isn't solid. Is that supposed to be a water splash or is he compacting the concrete with his force?

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this piece is my concern about the leaning issues. I don't mind the mixed media, it looks great in the photos.
One of the way is to have sculpted foot afixed to the base. Which means the figure and base are one, and is not separable. But I hate this idea. It just doesn't look cool.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #139
Rycher
Birdman

I just don't know why they couldn't have had his right foot set atop a piece of rubble or something. It wouldn't have looked out of place -- there is a pile of bricks behind him, afterall -- and it would have added a lot of stability.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #140
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
I just don't know why they couldn't have had his right foot set atop a piece of rubble or something. It wouldn't have looked out of place -- there is a pile of bricks behind him, afterall -- and it would have added a lot of stability.
I think it would have looked silly to have him half-standing on rubble. I'm quite tired of that pose. It's like all of the Iron Studios statues where they're jumping out of explosions or leaping off or standing on rubble.

You'll just have to trust that SS has the stability figured out.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote