Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #41
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am confused. Without DC Direct making things directly, you'd think licensing would be even MORE important.
Maybe for items that they make thousands of. I’m not sure a 500-700 Flash will come close to covering one of their licensing attorneys.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #42
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I know that some of the DC justice league Animated Marquette’s gone up in price because there weren’t many produced, like the green arrow and the black canary one

Also I have seen some of the older Adam Hughes cover girl statues go for a few hundred
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #43
Star-struck
The Spirit

Times are definitely strange. I think it was smart to do the layoff and restructure announcement before DC Fandome since it would look so much worse if they did it right after. At least now they can answer questions and explain things a little better.

The recent DC 1/4 acquisition by XM has me at least hopeful that they aren't overcharging or holding back with the license.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #44
mmk123

Maybe DC just got a license out all of the characters they want to have other companies produce instead of being produced in the house.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #45
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Wow. Just devastating all the way around.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #46
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Maybe DC just got a license out all of the characters they want to have other companies produce instead of being produced in the house.
It's less profit for them, one of the great things about producing in house is you get to keep all the money. Sure you spend more up front, but that's how it works.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:42 PM   #47
mmk123

I guess we will have to see what happens and wait for future announcements.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #48
built2shred
Phoenix

Part of me is not to surprised that AT&T took an axe to DC, the last 10 years or so haven't been all that great at DC as far as comic book stories, TV shows and movies... While Marvel has been hauling in boatloads of money with their movies DC has been struggling with only a few successes...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:05 PM   #49
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Part of me is not to surprised that AT&T took an axe to DC, the last 10 years or so haven't been all that great at DC as far as comic book stories, TV shows and movies... While Marvel has been hauling in boatloads of money with their movies DC has been struggling with only a few successes...
I personally think that’s because they have been more concerned with social issues and Making good stories was secondary as they have no shortage of good characters to work with. marvel was more concerned with a good story and social stuff secondary.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #50
OhHaiMark
Justice League

This is really disappointing. As a Huntress collector, a lot of my collection is DC Direct/Collectibles. I am very grateful that companies like Sideshow and Prime 1 decided to take the risk and produce spectacular statues of a B/C list character but I can't count on all companies making that decision. It might take awhile *ahem, looking at you, Bombshells* but Huntress usually makes the cut for DC Direct's relevant lines.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote