Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #1841
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
This was one of my most anticipated piece for Sideshow to reveal but I'm gonna pass on this because of the fabric cape.. ---- fabric capes.. :/ I'll just wait for XM to do a new Storm.
But this is Sideshow, why would it be most anticipated when you know the odds for a sculpted cape are incredibly low? Fabric is their thing.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #1842
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Agreed.... no reason for further separation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah. My guess (not that it matters how many pieces she is) is base, body, two hands, two shoulder pieces, head, cape.
Agreed agreed.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:27 PM   #1843
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Right now, my biggest grip with the Storm PF is the hair / portrait sculpt. I can not get past that hair line seams on Storm's portrait when you look at her from the left or right you can see that edge.

I really wish Sideshow had gone with a 2nd head sculpt.

Hopefully Sideshow will change the hair sculpt in production to make it look more natural, otherwise this is going to be a pass from me.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:28 PM   #1844
xellos49698

Duplicate post, recycled with Storm's portrait
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm's portrait sculpt.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	140624  
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:18 PM   #1845
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wonder if there will be a variant repaint suit like psylocke on Halloween time with a limited ed of the same as the x-force psylocke?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:31 PM   #1846
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
But this is Sideshow, why would it be most anticipated when you know the odds for a sculpted cape are incredibly low? Fabric is their thing.
That's true. But with Gambit being fully sculpted, I had a glimmer of hope that SS would try to do a sculpted cape again for Storm... But I was wrong.. oh well, just gonna pass. Usually, I hardly pass on a X-Men statue unless they are fabric.. :/

What a missed opportunity. I'd pay extra $200-$300 just for a sculpted cape.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #1847
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
That's true. But with Gambit being fully sculpted, I had a glimmer of hope that SS would try to do a sculpted cape again for Storm... But I was wrong.. oh well, just gonna pass. Usually, I hardly pass on a X-Men statue unless they are fabric.. :/

What a missed opportunity. I'd pay extra $200-$300 just for a sculpted cape.
This x100....SS is missing out on some big money
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:18 AM   #1848
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I agree, the full sculpted statue are the most appealing to me. As being proved by Gambit's coat which looks just amazing, no way a fabric one could have reach that level.
Same in the opposite side, with the costume like the OG catwoman, OG Black Widow and of course OG Harley Quinn, I wish they were all sculpted.
But for the capes, I tend to go for the fabric, because Sideshow now achieve a very good level of quality and above all : for the space. If Magneto'd had a sculpted cape, it is obvious that I wouldn't have been able to place it in my Besta, and god knows this is THE Magneto I was waiting for. Same for the new Scarlet Witch and Storm, for those two, I think It could have make it but to the price of ditching other statues I own.
Plus, I can choose the position and change it as often as I want.
So, I'm pretty happy with the choices SS makes with this fabric/sculpted choices for their statues.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:06 AM   #1849
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The issue with a sculpted cape the size of Storm’s is that people would have b!tched about how it was posed. Too far out/back and it sucks up a lot of display space. Too low and it’s not dynamic enough. On and on. With the fabric it allows for display options for space and such. Meanwhile, Power Girl’s cape is small, so they sculpted it. Now why they did Gambit’s coat and no Rogue’s…F if I know. I just know that I can see both sides of the coin here but I think Sideshow is hedging their bets that those of us that are not the 3% don’t care.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:06 AM   #1850
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Jesus Christ, another double post.

Well let me take this time to say thank you again how Sideshow for making the suit SILVER!! Please make sure to follow that thru with the factory. It can even be more silver if you’d like
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote