Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #11
tammybrown
Doh!

I also tried to do so, to use the delivery of the store because I did not pay anything, but I was not satisfied with the product that came. I still managed to argue with the person who delivered it to me because he brought the purchase in a miserable condition. That's why I decided to use https://serviceclub.com/ always when I needed it, because my friend always told me about them when ordering something from the net, and I decided to take a risk and try it too, but I was very pleasantly surprised. So it already depends on the company from which you bought the product what kind of workers it has, so you don't have problems.
tammybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:43 PM   #12
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Haven't ordered for a while from Sideshow, or anyone International, but did so recently for something from Sideshow, for a product which is 3rd in the line of 2 other products I already have.

Waitlist converted. Great. Checked the postage £150. Lol, what?

The previous items earlier last year cost me £60-70. What is with the rise of price? No explanation whatsoever, just a random estimation.

I thought to myself, okay well at least it's being shipped by DHL who I have been fortunate with with £50-60 vat bills.

Custom & VAT Bill for this came to £160?

What in the Christ Almighty of ****, £300+ for shipping and vat, when last year It was less than £150 for both.

I did the calculations, and including shipping the item came to about $700, so 20% of that is 108 approx, plus handling fee maybe.

Have I missed something? I need to know where these figures are being pulled from because if this is the new future, then stick a fork in me.

Any input would be appreciated, as I can't get hold of DHL, and they probably wouldn't give two squirts anyway If I did get through.
Sounds about right. Shipping has increased. While the import fees remains at 20% they seem to add more? possibly charging on the cost of shipping also. The import fee's including processing etc appear to be closer to 30%
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #13
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

The Duty and VAT is charged on the total amount of the price of the item and the shipping cost. It is calculated based on the harmonised code that the sender shows. The Harmonised code Sideshow uses results in a 26% charge. Since Brexit Anything below £135 VAT should be charged by the retailer at checkout. Above £135 should be charged when it arrives in the country. However this is not always the case. If you pay VAT at checkout for an item above £135 the sender needs to reflect DDP shipping terms.
I have successfully claimed a refund from HMRC (should have been charged 5%) for every statue I have imported from Sideshow.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:48 AM   #14
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I haven’t paid any import duty (or a negligible amount) on any of my purchases over the last year or so and that’s also on car parts etc not just statues.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:59 AM   #15
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I haven’t paid any import duty (or a negligible amount) on any of my purchases over the last year or so and that’s also on car parts etc not just statues.
How did you manage that buddy spill the beans?
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #16
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Received the below update for the method I use which will save even more when importing to the UK especially when Sideshow do free shipping in CONUS??..

Recently, we have renegotiated a new discount with FedEx for all of the surcharges (remote area surcharges, oversize surcharges, Covid surcharges, fuel surcharges, peak season surcharges). The shipping cost now is significantly lower than before depending on certain countries, weights & sizes of packages. These new rates take effect as of today November 18th.

This came in just in time before holiday shopping. Happy holidays everyone!
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #17
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Received the below update for the method I use which will save even more when importing to the UK especially when Sideshow do free shipping in CONUS??..

Recently, we have renegotiated a new discount with FedEx for all of the surcharges (remote area surcharges, oversize surcharges, Covid surcharges, fuel surcharges, peak season surcharges). The shipping cost now is significantly lower than before depending on certain countries, weights & sizes of packages. These new rates take effect as of today November 18th.

This came in just in time before holiday shopping. Happy holidays everyone!
Really good news for me, thank you
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote