Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-05-2021, 10:25 AM   #1771
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
This piece is definitely in my top 5. It's too bad that it got ---- on when the first pics started coming out.

I agree with the sentiment that this is the best Predator statue that has been released up to this point.
you guys think it's better than the CM? i think it definitely looks better than the Sideshow SWS Maquette, which is HUGE win.

i haven't seen any pics of this next to the CM? anyone stumble across and comparison pics of the 2?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:35 AM   #1772
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
you guys think it's better than the CM? i think it definitely looks better than the Sideshow SWS Maquette, which is HUGE win.

i haven't seen any pics of this next to the CM? anyone stumble across and comparison pics of the 2?
I like it better, personally speaking. The pose, numerous switch-outs and base do it for me. Those are the features that caught my eye when this piece was first revealed.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #1773
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

I never owned the CM. I always thought it looked amazing in all the vids and pics..

Having said that there is no question in my mind if someone offered a straight up trade between the two I would keep my P1 JH

Now maybe I would do the trade, sell the CM, buy another P1 JH and keep the rest lol but you get my original point.

I am not taking anything away from the original CM. But as we all know its not close to film accurate and for me the pose is only solid not great.

The other great thing about the P1 piece is it looks great no matter where you are viewing it from. It is literally a perfect pose and sculpt. Some pieces can look great at one viewing angle and a little off with the next. Not this piece. Its just looks amazing no matter where you stand.

Lack of a film accurate bio helm is the only real negative about this piece for me. Paint apps could be maybe a little better or at least have more of a wet look but its not a deal breaker at all.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #1774
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I like it better, personally speaking. The pose, numerous switch-outs and base do it for me. Those are the features that caught my eye when this piece was first revealed.
i like the Switch outs and the head sculpt much better on this Big Game version. But I prefer the base and the pose of the CM over this guy.

i'd love to see how this guy looks next to the CM, i'm gonna hunt for pics, i'm sure someone on here has both. If anyone finds pics please share them here!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #1775
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
This piece is definitely in my top 5. It's too bad that it got ---- on when the first pics started coming out.

I agree with the sentiment that this is the best Predator statue that has been released up to this point.
Until the 1/3 Jungle is released........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:19 AM   #1776
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The switch outs are great. I'm starting to like the Gort + spear look, he looks like a completely different Predator with that set up.
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #1777
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love this piece. I never really considered getting a Predator statue until I saw this one. Too bad Sideshow didn't get it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #1778
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Until the 1/3 Jungle is released........
Definitely. That's going to be the ultimate Predator.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #1779
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I owned this piece, I would consider trying to make a more accurate mask by filling in all the pitting/texture for a smooth surfae and do a repaint.

I bet that could really set this off.

However, I also think it looks good as a comic statue too.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:57 PM   #1780
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Definitely. That's going to be the ultimate Predator.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote