Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #1761
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Compared to the first 1/4 scale Predator released by Sideshow, this one is a bit bigger but not quite a 1/3 scale.

The first 1/4 Predator is also over sized, that's why they look more comparable in that photo. In fact any predator that uses the first 1/4 Stan Winston Predator maquette as a size reference will be somewhat oversized. The P1 1/4 is quite a bit bigger then that even, I supposed you can say in the comics Predator are giants as opposed to how they are in the movies, all the P1 1/4 comics Predators are huge.
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #1762
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
You won't regret it. Prime 1 statues may cost a lot but their quality is right up there, especially their sculpts which is arguably the best of the best.

Don't wait until March next year, pay it upfront if possible so you get to enjoy this beauty sooner
If I can but $280 a month is not too bad... Does it really take up to 3 months to get it shipped or it's just an estimate? What is your experience on shipping from Prime 1?
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #1763
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

hi,

1) sideshow website just put this up, so everyone in the US who ordered from prime1 pretty much screwed themselves over since sideshow shipping fee will be much cheaper and exchange is easier?

2) sideshow website doesn't have the photos of the newly added items like the bloody spine/skull hand, does anyone know if they are included. I assume yes since it does show photos of the prime1 exclusive items, just not the late additions.

wow this statue is confusing, someone should create a table showing what parts is included with each version, there are so many.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #1764
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ my last 2 orders (city Hunter being one of them), has been almost 2 months to the day. Give or take 48 hours.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #1765
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
hi,

1) sideshow website just put this up, so everyone in the US who ordered from prime1 pretty much screwed themselves over since sideshow shipping fee will be much cheaper and exchange is easier?

2) sideshow website doesn't have the photos of the newly added items like the bloody spine/skull hand, does anyone know if they are included. I assume yes since it does show photos of the prime1 exclusive items, just not the late additions.

wow this statue is confusing, someone should create a table showing what parts is included with each version, there are so many.
i think you mean the 1:3 was just put up on Sideshow's site. I don't see this guy up on Sideshow site.

the statue on Sideshow's site is the DX, not the DXS with bonus items. Sideshow's shipping will be a lot less, but Sideshow (for me) charges tax with is over $300! No tax with Prime 1. it's a wash, i think.

thanks, Glenn for advising me to get the DXS Bonus version on the 1:3. at first i didn't agree but if you're gonna do it go all the way. The Sideshow version is the DX version not the DXS, DXS is available Direct, Secret Compass and BBTS (now sold out). In the description on sideshow's site it says MMPR-01DX, not MMPR-01DXS.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #1766
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
If I can but $280 a month is not too bad... Does it really take up to 3 months to get it shipped or it's just an estimate? What is your experience on shipping from Prime 1?
It took mine 2 months for economy shipping and saved me $300+ dollars, it's well worth the wait imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
hi,

It's even more confusing because that's the 1:3 version, not the same one as this 1/4. This one isn't on Sideshow but the newer one is.

I haven't ordered the 1:3 yet, still deciding. However I may still order directly from Prime1 because economy shipping by boat is super cheap, probably less then even what UPS charges on US domestic ground shipping. And it's tax free coming from overseas for a $3000 item which alone is a huge saving.

--
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #1767
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
I'm in Australia so only have standard shipping as an option. Standard takes about 1-2 weeks. I'm unsure with economy, but as a few mentioned, it probably will take about 2-3 months.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:15 AM   #1768
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Oh NO! What have I done????

I went back and forth on the pics of Predador, watched videos again and could not stop myself from ordering it on Prime 1 website...

My first Prime 1 piece...my first Predator statue... I'm feel regret, panic and joy all the same time....

Paying in 6 payments and not getting it until probably March next year....

Did I do the right thing? Oh boy....

Possibly the best piece I have ever owned and I have owned a lot. Hope that helps ease your mind.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:38 AM   #1769
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Possibly the best piece I have ever owned and I have owned a lot. Hope that helps ease your mind.
It actually does... Thank you
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #1770
GaryTonge
Kingpin

This piece is definitely in my top 5. It's too bad that it got ---- on when the first pics started coming out.

I agree with the sentiment that this is the best Predator statue that has been released up to this point.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote