Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-05-2021, 07:55 AM   #301
ukshaun
Hercules

@Silas Loki have to agree. It is not wise to make changes after money has changed hands. Gentle Giant did this with Maggie Greene. The piece still turned out good, but different to the prototype. The change failed to make sense?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:06 AM   #302
The World
Justice League

Doesn't Anne have a droopy face?

The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:14 AM   #303
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I completely disagree.

You see, we're not in the creative process anymore, we're in the production process. The creative process ended when the piece went up for Pre Order and people paid their money and made their choice.

Changing the piece AFTER money has changed hands is EXTREMELY risky for this company. Let's remember, the "droopy" piece SOLD OUT!!! It's what people wanted (that, or buyers are idiots with more money than sense) so for who are they now changing the portrait?!? What if the next iteration is not "subjectively" better for people who ordered the original?

No, this is the wrong direction in my opinion. If JND want to include an alternative headsvulpt (either free of charge, or as an alternative choice for customers) that's different, but a direct replacement is definitely not my preferred choice.

And one final point. I notice the criticism is coming from the same old tired sources, who for whatever childish reason, don't seem able to ignore this piece even though they can no longer own it, and have clearly stated they don't want it due to fundamental material choices....even so, they seem hell bent on trying to label the product as a failure. I notice that these "criticisms" seem to evolve over time with these people - even though these same people stated early on that the likeness was on point, and they mentioned nothing about "droopyness" before - so this is why I recommend that JND should stop wasting time listening to these imbeciles and focus on giving the customer what they paid for.
Agreed! Keep the headsculpt as it is please. I love it and that's why I bought the statue
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:15 AM   #304
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

More often than not changing the prototype after the preorder has opened is probably a bad idea, but not always.

Though it was only a month later Queen revised their WW life size bust after their preorder became available and Prime 1 did the same with their 1/2 scale many months later. In these cases both turned out better than the original prototype.

And even if JND did do a revision I’m sure they’ll only go ahead with full production after consultation with the community. So if it ends up being a disappointment and/or not significantly better I’m sure they’ll either go back to the drawing board or just revert to the original.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #305
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Agreed! Keep the headsculpt as it is please. I love it and that's why I bought the statue
There is room for improvement, and that's coming from someone who did order the piece.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:25 AM   #306
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I’m not real crazy about them changing the portrait either.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #307
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

This situation reminds me of First 4 Figure's Life-size Majora's Mask. I had pre-ordered it, but many months later "due to feedback" F4F decided to change a lot of the colorings and textures. But you know what? They gave the following option for all existing PO's: If you don't like the changes you can cancel your order and receive full refunds without penalty.

In my opinion that is super fair, and perhaps JND should allow people who have ALREADY pre-ordered this to cancel with full refunds if they don't like the changes they make.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #308
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
This situation reminds me of First 4 Figure's Life-size Majora's Mask. I had pre-ordered it, but many months later "due to feedback" F4F decided to change a lot of the colorings and textures. But you know what? They gave the following option for all existing PO's: If you don't like the changes you can cancel your order and receive full refunds without penalty.

In my opinion that is super fair, and perhaps JND should allow people who have ALREADY pre-ordered this to cancel with full refunds if they don't like the changes they make.
If JND did that, I'd never buy another piece from them again.

Right now, I'm working on Faith alone - not a great place to be. Maybe they should have considered a possible backlash, and already showed us the new portrait while dropping the news bomb.....now it's just a waiting game.

I guess, at least there's something interesting coming from Queen Studios.....so fingers crossed one of these companies can drop a home run.

Right now, I'm not particularly thrilled or excited about the next piece coming from JND.....after all, it might not make it to collectors as advertised
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #309
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Doesn't Anne have a droopy face?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't jump over her to get to you....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #310
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't jump over her to get to you....
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote