Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #701
DPA
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Very disheartening. My Catwoman came yesterday with the head broken off. 3 for 3 this week with broken pieces.

I actually thought the head is shipped this way until I put it on and noticed paint chips all around.This piece is so gorgeous I'm torn. Waiting for distributor to response.

Anyone have idea if they will replace or give some sort of credit? Sucks cause shipping and duties are expensive and I sure don't want to pay again.
[ATTACH]Attachment 151789[/ATTACH]
I had a base with a small issue and they offered a replacement or store credit. [edit] Although, as you mention a distributor, check their terms.
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #702
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
I had a base with a small issue and they offered a replacement or store credit.
Thanks. Did you buy direct or distributor?

Probably take credit as I don't plan on selling this piece and don't want to ship back and forth and pay duties again. Also no guarantee it won't snap off again.

Surprised I didn't see any one received withead broken off.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #703
DPA
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Thanks. Did you buy direct or distributor?

Probably take credit as I don't plan on selling this piece and don't want to ship back and forth and pay duties again. Also no guarantee it won't snap off again.

Surprised I didn't see any one received withead broken off.
Direct. They made me smash up the base, so I didn't have to return it. I seem to remember seeing one with the head broke off, but maybe it was yours if you have posted somewhere previously

[Edit] In regards to the next post: Possibly different for you then. I didn't have to pay either shipping or duty as it was a replacement for a damaged part on which I had already paid both. I don't think I would have paid anything via a UK supplier either

Last edited by DPA; 07-16-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Additional info
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:03 PM   #704
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
Direct. They made me smash up the base, so I didn't have to return it. I seem to remember seeing one with the head broke off, but maybe it was yours if you have posted previously
No, it wasn't. Just received it yesterday. First time with this distributor. Even if I don't have to ship back, I still have to pay for shipping and duties again. Mera, I did order direct.

Funny story. I was not planning to buy JND as they are expensive (worth it IMHO). I could've buy Wonder Woman direct but decided not to. And then saw more and more pictures and manage to score one from SF.

Catwoman came, love Anne, but told myself no. Wonder Woman is the only one. But once WW in hand pictures surfaced, I got really excited. But by this time, SF already sold out. I managed to find one from GFX. Now I'm 3 deep. Told myself this is it lol.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #705
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Very disheartening. My Catwoman came yesterday with the head broken off. 3 for 3 this week with broken pieces.

I actually thought the head is shipped this way until I put it on and noticed paint chips all around.This piece is so gorgeous I'm torn. Waiting for distributor to response.

Anyone have idea if they will replace or give some sort of credit? Sucks cause shipping and duties are expensive and I sure don't want to pay again.
[ATTACH]Attachment 151789[/ATTACH]
It must be common. Mr X on The Xtreme Channel had the same issue, and thought it was normal.
He simply popped the head in place and all was fine.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:45 PM   #706
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

It's not a common problem.

But it's clearly something that JND need to account for in future!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:49 PM   #707
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It must be common. Mr X on The Xtreme Channel had the same issue, and thought it was normal.
He simply popped the head in place and all was fine.
I pop it back in but you can see paint chips all around. Distributor said they will follow up with JND. I wonder if they considered giving the second head with goggles at some point because of the way its keyed in.

There was just no support for the head. Drop of the box will just snap it off.

Otherwise, JND is killing it with all these releases. They look better in person. Pictures does not do it justice.
Old 07-16-2022, 03:11 PM   #708
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Just watched Mr.X's video. His silicone head came off. So gluing back is not a problem. Mine, broke at the collar. If I fixed the paint I might keep it detach.

Anyone can recommend a paint to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220716_090348.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	151790
Old 07-16-2022, 03:13 PM   #709
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was very thankful that mine arrived without damage. They definitely should have supported the head. Shipping companies toss these boxes around quite frequently. A fragile sticker does nothing to protect a statue. It is all about the packaging.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:14 PM   #710
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Just watched Mr.X's video. His silicone head came off. So gluing back is not a problem. Mine, broke at the collar. If I fixed the paint I might keep it detach.

Anyone can recommend a paint to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Attachment 151790
I would definitely want a replacement.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote