Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-24-2021, 07:53 PM   #811
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
ehh fu*k me I POed the DX

Seriously I don't wanna believe 999 DXs are going to sell out at this price point, they will have to do something and well over 50% of comments are about closed mandibles portrait, I think it may happen... unless im completely wrong and it's really selling as good as they predicted, then I may regret paying 500$ basically for helmet lol
Congrats mate! Nah can't go wrong with either, for some DX is a must due to features like the Gort mask for others like myself, happy with the Reg edition.

999 maybe revised, prime 1 in the past has increased as well as decreased ES numbers based on demand.

Separate question for all, did the CM predator ever sell to it's 500 ES?
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:54 PM   #812
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
guys if you are buying this, buy the dx seriously. What's the logic that you already paying $2500+ for it, but refuse to pay $500 more and end up with a statue you know is incomplete...if you ever sell it dx will also fetch more, it's not like just money gone forever.... you going to regret it down the road...just pay the extra $500
Are you seriously asking for people what's their logic on paying an extra 20% for really not that much?

Honestly I won't even use the other hands, head, or the gort mask most likely so it's like paying 20% more to be able to put a bio mask on the base.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #813
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Me neither. DX 1/4 scale Big Game Cover Art Predator. is still available. And it's "only" $1699.
I was waiting for the price on this 1/3 to decide between the two and to me the 1/4 Scale JH will scratch my Predator itch just fine for almost half the price. I would have loved to have made this 1/3 my first Predator Statue but this price is too ridiculous for me to wrap my brain around .. Lol.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #814
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Are you seriously asking for people what's their logic on paying an extra 20% for really not that much?

Honestly I won't even use the other hands, head, or the gort mask most likely so it's like paying 20% more to be able to put a bio mask on the base.
Yeah, all I really care about is the helmet on the base. Maybe the dog tags and Mac skull just to add a little something, but I'd easily take a trophy hand over those.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:28 PM   #815
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I can see around 500 Predator fans buying the DX at it's high pricetag, but not 999... I'm still waiting for the snail mail to get me my two 1/4 scale Predators and I recently ordered their Big Chap.

If they add a closed mouth portrait, or at least the skull & spine trophy, I'll definitely order the DX in six months or so. I'm not in a hurry to PO this yet. It's not going anywhere.
Sounds like the closed mouth portrait is highly wanted so it would make sense as a bonus for the DX to sell more...It doesn't seem like a rush is on for the DX at least amongst the collectors here ...I'm a DX man myself ...Prob a good idea to start saving for shipping and import fees now lol...This is the best Predator I've seen at least the prototype fingers crossed they can get this close to the prototype upon release especially at the high price...I'd say we have at least two years until this releases.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:29 PM   #816
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Im getting the DX since im a Completionist. Love the DX unmasked sculpt and love the option to switch up the bios to differentiate this from other JH statues. Tye hands I do agree on, should have had a skull/spine in there
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:34 PM   #817
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Sounds like the closed mouth portrait is highly wanted so it would make sense as a bonus for the DX to sell more...It doesn't seem like a rush is on for the DX at least amongst the collectors here ...I'm a DX man myself ...Prob a good idea to start saving for shipping and import fees now lol...This is the best Predator I've seen at least the prototype fingers crossed they can get this close to the prototype upon release especially at the high price...I'd say we have at least two years until this releases.
Your in Australia just head to Sugo, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #818
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Your in Australia just head to Sugo, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price
Hehehe, he doesnt know yet
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #819
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’ve decided to stay on the fence until I get that “push” over the line … fingers crossed for something extra ….

Cough …. Closed mouth …. Cough

Grats to all who have POed already
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #820
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Wish I'd seen that yesterday lol ...All good I just put the money from the 1:4 I cancelled back into this one with an upgrade...Never heard of SUGO only popculcha glad there is another choice here now..
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote