Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-22-2024, 02:15 AM   #121
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Discussing the artistic merits of a piece regardless of cost? Madness I say! We all love to bemoan these ever-rising prices, it's part of our coping mechanism
Maybe, certainly, the cost is going to be a factor in the decision if you want it or not.....but I'm just saying, page after page complaining about cost isn't going to change anything - at least not for this release. Hopefully, threads like this, and the response on FB have sent a clear message (I doubt it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I don't know how much cheaper one would be, but my hope is the more I whine about it, maybe they will make a translucent version of this for a much cheaper price. Wishful thinking sure, but I don't see many saying they will order this. They could have just as easily lowered the price and made 1000 units and it would sell out much easier.

I would be at least curious to know why they would rather make the price so insanely high and make less, rather than the other way around. $5k is approaching full 1:1 statue status. Hell, 5-10 years ago, they probably were that price. I mean, they must know the economy with statues is still absolute trash. Sure, a sexy WW silicone statue sold well at crazy high prices, but are there any other examples out there to say the market will pay $5k for a Hulk?
When it comes to these luxury goods - my impression is that these companies run on pure arrogance. They actively turn their heads away from the struggles of Joe Average - and simply chalk up the "criticism" to being noise from outside the target customers. It's literally the case, that if you complain about the price or product - Queen doesn't want to know. Just take a look at the FB page - 100's of complaints - and not a peep out of Queen Studio representatives. And then a single buffoon steps up to kiss some ass - and then Queen responds with a "Thank you"......tells me everything I need to know about the companies attitude. Same with JND and Blitzway, except with those guys, you don't even get a thank you.

This is why I'm suggesting to let the matter go. We're basically screaming into the wind at this point. The clearest message you can send a company is pure apathy.....where's the excitement or disdain for Blitzways Titanium Mickey Mouse?.....that's right, no one gives a sh*t.....what about Infinity's 1/4 scale Jurrasic Park piece?.....once again, crickets.....and you can bet your ass these pieces will tank.

Right now, in Europe, I'm seeing 70% discounts on the Queen Studios Joker in Police uniform 1/3 piece. I'm seeing between 15% and 20% discounts on a lot of Queen Pieces, not to mention similar discounts on JND pieces.......this pricing is just smoke.....if you're patient and resist the FOMO - the pricing will be adjusted to the real market value. Hell, even if you wait for the collectors who do pay retail to finally dump these on the secondary, you'll see massive discounts when they realise the only way to get out is to price way lower than MSRP......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:34 AM   #122
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
More like $15-20k if we are talking about Queen and life-size . I am curious how well their 1:1 TDK pieces are doing in terms of sales.

These companies are just going to price themselves out of the market or close up shop one day (without warning )and take the PO money with them.

Someone brought up the Auto Companies and how they artificially increased demand. My understanding is that pretty much backfired and customers ( especially truck buyers) are pissed and the dealerships are hurting.
Geeze, really? I really feel like it wasn't that long ago that the SS full size endoskeleton was $6k. I got my full size custom werewolf with hand punched hair for $5k about 8 years ago. I know that's still quite some time ago, but to fathom a 1/3 statue would cost that much. I can't say I ever thought the day would come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well other than me, maybe no one else will actually preorder the piece, and they?ll end up cancelling the piece.

Collectors here also complained about the price for the 1/3 Mark 7. So I wonder how many actually preordered it?
I never even see anyone talk about that ironman on facebook. I guess we won't know until it starts to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Maybe, certainly, the cost is going to be a factor in the decision if you want it or not.....but I'm just saying, page after page complaining about cost isn't going to change anything - at least not for this release. Hopefully, threads like this, and the response on FB have sent a clear message (I doubt it).

When it comes to these luxury goods - my impression is that these companies run on pure arrogance. They actively turn their heads away from the struggles of Joe Average - and simply chalk up the "criticism" to being noise from outside the target customers. It's literally the case, that if you complain about the price or product - Queen doesn't want to know. Just take a look at the FB page - 100's of complaints - and not a peep out of Queen Studio representatives. And then a single buffoon steps up to kiss some ass - and then Queen responds with a "Thank you"......tells me everything I need to know about the companies attitude. Same with JND and Blitzway, except with those guys, you don't even get a thank you.

This is why I'm suggesting to let the matter go. We're basically screaming into the wind at this point. The clearest message you can send a company is pure apathy.....where's the excitement or disdain for Blitzways Titanium Mickey Mouse?.....that's right, no one gives a sh*t.....what about Infinity's 1/4 scale Jurrasic Park piece?.....once again, crickets.....and you can bet your ass these pieces will tank.

Right now, in Europe, I'm seeing 70% discounts on the Queen Studios Joker in Police uniform 1/3 piece. I'm seeing between 15% and 20% discounts on a lot of Queen Pieces, not to mention similar discounts on JND pieces.......this pricing is just smoke.....if you're patient and resist the FOMO - the pricing will be adjusted to the real market value. Hell, even if you wait for the collectors who do pay retail to finally dump these on the secondary, you'll see massive discounts when they realise the only way to get out is to price way lower than MSRP......
Yep, I agree. I'm just in whine, b!$&@ and moan stage lol. It will pass.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:53 AM   #123
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Well, with this high price tag there is no need to PO and have FOMO. It will definitely be available. Plenty of time to decide whether you want it or not and if it’s worth the money.

They should have just done the headsculpt fully silicone and the rest of the body in resin. Like Infinity did with their LOTR 1/2 scales. You can hardly see the difference. His skin is green, even easier. The move ability is unnecessary and adds to cost and risk. I am probaby wrong but this might be a little undersized for 1/3 as well.

I might be losing my sheet, but I could have sworn the 1/3 IM was $2700 at spec. And now both versions are $500 cheaper?
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:08 AM   #124
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
They should have just done the headsculpt fully silicone and the rest of the body in resin. Like Infinity did with their LOTR 1/2 scales.
You can't do that with Hulk without having a hugely noticeable seam.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:13 AM   #125
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
You can't do that with Hulk without having a hugely noticeable seam.
Ah right good point.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:24 AM   #126
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:

Honestly, waiting for discounts rarely ever works out for me. For other statues, I usually go through Popcultcha, and their maximum discounts usually run up to 20%. But with my member and preorder discounts, I can sometimes get 19% off their so called retail price. So it’s pointless to wait for a measly 1% difference.

Now with Sugo, where I get most of my Queen pieces, I believe that nowadays they only get what is preordered by their customers. When they have stock, many times it’s stock from older releases and/or cancellation of preorders. And with Sugo, so often after a piece becomes available, they increase the price on their few available pieces. So much so, that when they do their sale discounts, it pretty much becomes what I originally preordered at. I think only a 2-3 times (out of dozens of Queen preorders) have I ended up coming out significantly worse.

Also Sugo, when they have their Queen sales, many times, they don’t even have the stock in their warehouse. They’re probably acting as a middle-man for Queen themselves to help (for a fee of course) them get rid of excess stock that they’re having trouble moving.

And with regards to the secondary market, for whatever reason, I’m kind of adverse to buying second hand goods. And ordering new or second hand from outside of Australia is usually out of the question, due to the outrageous costs involved to ship anything fairly large to Australia. Making any potential significant discounts on the item itself null and void. For example those BOGO deals from Sideshow, that many were celebrating were more or less useless to me. Once you add shipping and taxes, it pretty much came out to what I preordered day 1 from Popcultcha.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:19 AM   #127
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Honestly, waiting for discounts rarely ever works out for me. For other statues, I usually go through Popcultcha, and their maximum discounts usually run up to 20%. But with my member and preorder discounts, I can sometimes get 19% off their so called retail price. So it?s pointless to wait for a measly 1% difference.

Now with Sugo, where I get most of my Queen pieces, I believe that nowadays they only get what is preordered by their customers. When they have stock, many times it?s stock from older releases and/or cancellation of preorders. And with Sugo, so often after a piece becomes available, they increase the price on their few available pieces. So much so, that when they do their sale discounts, it pretty much becomes what I originally preordered at. I think only a 2-3 times (out of dozens of Queen preorders) have I ended up coming out significantly worse.

Also Sugo, when they have their Queen sales, many times, they don?t even have the stock in their warehouse. They?re probably acting as a middle-man for Queen themselves to help (for a fee of course) them get rid of excess stock that they?re having trouble moving.

And with regards to the secondary market, for whatever reason, I?m kind of adverse to buying second hand goods. And ordering new or second hand from outside of Australia is usually out of the question, due to the outrageous costs involved to ship anything fairly large to Australia. Making any potential significant discounts on the item itself null and void. For example those BOGO deals from Sideshow, that many were celebrating were more or less useless to me. Once you add shipping and taxes, it pretty much came out to what I preordered day 1 from Popcultcha.
Yep, I get it. My advice might not be optimal for everyone, everywhere - but then, you're right back to, "like it, or lump it". I'm the last person to object to people's frustration at insane pricing - but even I can't ignore the fact that no one is holding a gun to my head, I don't need these statues to live - they're just nice things I want....

Often times we compare the price of a luxury item to all the other things you could be spending the money on....but that's not the point. A luxury costs what a luxury costs - that's part of what makes it a luxury. There doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason for why a company charges x for y - they just can.....period. We can spend hours doing a complex material breakdown, account for logistics and packaging, cost of artists and production......and it doesn't matter. Just because it might cost 0.50c to make a thing, it doesn't mean they are bound by some code to charge $1.50 to sell it.....gents, sky's the limit is real.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #128
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My plan now for these higher end pieces is to stop preordering and wait for sales. The IS silicone legolas "sold out", yet it popped back up everywhere months later. Now it's sitting in stock and some places had it up to 50% off. Every piece I ordered from SF for full price over 2022 and 2023 ended up in their BOGO sale at the end of last year. I would've saved thousands if I had waited.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:13 PM   #129
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Often times we compare the price of a luxury item to all the other things you could be spending the money on....but that's not the point. A luxury costs what a luxury costs - that's part of what makes it a luxury. There doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason for why a company charges x for y - they just can.....period. We can spend hours doing a complex material breakdown, account for logistics and packaging, cost of artists and production......and it doesn't matter. Just because it might cost 0.50c to make a thing, it doesn't mean they are bound by some code to charge $1.50 to sell it.....gents, sky's the limit is real.....
I would agree with this to an extent. Just because it's not a necessity doesn't mean you can charge whatever you want. Even luxury items have a cap, relative to each market of course. QS knows this of course, I imagine they're just pushing the envelope to see how much they can get away with. If they had tried this during the 2021 craze, it may even have been successful.

I'm sure they'll sell a few of these in the coming weeks, but I doubt they'll get enough orders to reach even 10% of the ES. It's simply too hard to justify it. Even though it uses a lot of silicone, both the sculpt and paint are fairly simple.

IMO, QS will either have to walk back the pricing, or cancel this completely, which would mess up their 1/3 line.

I do want this, but 5k shipped through Specfic for a 1/3 is wild. My Daenerys bust was cheaper, and it comes with 3 dragons.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:14 PM   #130
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
My plan now for these higher end pieces is to stop preordering and wait for sales. The IS silicone legolas "sold out", yet it popped back up everywhere months later. Now it's sitting in stock and some places had it up to 50% off. Every piece I ordered from SF for full price over 2022 and 2023 ended up in their BOGO sale at the end of last year. I would've saved thousands if I had waited.

This. So much. Even some of the customs I recently paid full price for are being sold at a discount now.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote