Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #381
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My favorite Hulk representation is the grey one, Mr. Fix it. I think is a very cool arc when he is with Wolverine and Spider Woman in Kuala Lumpur
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:21 AM   #382
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I was never contemplating picking up a hulk statue until I saw this beast. Hulk isn't my favorite character whatsoever but this is a must for me!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 AM   #383
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This is without question THE best Hulk statue to date in my eyes. If I was a die hard fan it’d be an easy purchase for me as the definitive representation of the character.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:16 AM   #384
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This is without question THE best Hulk statue to date in my eyes. If I was a die hard fan it’d be an easy purchase for me as the definitive representation of the character.
I agree. I've been waiting for a more modern looking HULK statue in 1/4 scale since I started collecting. Passed on all of the Kirby inspired HULK PFs by sideshow because I hate an ape looking HULK. This XM HULK is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. The only thing that gives me pause is the price tag. It's not the retail price that makes me hesitate...it's the ridiculous shipping cost this piece is sure to have. That said, I have to find a way to add this to my collection. It absolutely blows me away.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:27 AM   #385
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I love all positive feedback for this piece it’s deserving of that. I feel your pain on the shipping . I purchased this and Hulkbuster between them I could have bought 2 more quarter scale statues for the projected cost of shipping . It hurts for sure
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #386
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I love all positive feedback for this piece it’s deserving of that. I feel your pain on the shipping . I purchased this and Hulkbuster between them I could have bought 2 more quarter scale statues for the projected cost of shipping . It hurts for sure
80 kgs of statues right there! I wish I had the room, I had to pass on both. All I can do is drool at pictures or on the floors of conventions!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #387
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m well aware that OG Hulk is based on Kirby art and it’s old but what collectors won’t tell you is that they are defending its price tag which is between 5K Canadian for green and more for grey. They can’t handle the fact just like og venom comiquette prices will drop and the new XM is just a superior product .

For years I took a punt in having a stance that Kirby art for me was terrible and same with that awkward statue . Now I purchased XM which I’m every way is superior there are those who still knock it??? Thats why I write these posts so trolls from other sites can read the truth or my opinion on the matter .

Hahaha, that is awesome - truth v opinion? Isn't this subjective preference?

I actually have the OG Hulk - my first statue, and I'm blown away by the XM piece and considering trading this for the OG in the future, it IS that good.

Having said that, make no mistake, the face and features are preference to when you came into hulk and what look you prefer, same as the legacy maquette or the ECC hulk being more for movie fans.

BUT, there's obviously many reasons why the OG is so desperately sought after, one of which being that the master Andy Bergholtz sculpted it, and as an owner who's had this in his collection for over a decade, it still remains the absolute pinnacle of anatomy from ANY company to date, in my opinion (not preference as I appreciate the more realistic legacy and ECC physiques too).

The XM interests me because it has that same standard of anatomy from the artist, and I also came into the hulk through the comics after the caveman like features were toned down for the hulk's face. I'd also agree that it blows the OG out of the water in terms of the dynamic appearance, base and of course the addition of Banner is amazing and collectors who can afford the XM should be nothing but pleased. But bear in mind they've had over a decade to improve on the OG, yet I'd still say the OG has the greatest presence in my collection still and that's with only recently bringing in the larger P1 pieces and even the 1:2 Mk 3 maquette to my collection.

Anyone that speaks in 'truths' and 'facts' about which portrayal of a piece is definitive just makes themselves look ignorant, as that truth is only specific to themselves. Don't keep opinions to yourself, express them which is the exact point of forums like this, but don't ever naysay or negate someone else's opinion or preference because it doesn't conform to your own.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:19 AM   #388
Nebulhym
The X-Men

I wouldn't take the OG Hulk even if it was gifted for free to me.

How's that for an opinion?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #389
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I wouldn't take the OG Hulk even if it was gifted for free to me.

How's that for an opinion?
It's wonderful, because it's all you, you hold onto your truth
Old 09-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #390
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO it's comparing apples to oranges as XM is more based on a modern Hulk... Those that want the Kirby look will have to pay, supply and demand...

The only way the price will drop on the Kirby version is if someone makes a new Kirby version.. IMO anyways..
Definitely - I'm still in search of the Mad X hulk as I love that version too, which was almost a great mix between Kirby and newer Hulk takes but still with that fantastic anatomy. The only hulk I'm still two minds about is the ECC hulk, simply because of the sheer size of him and that without seeing him in person, I'm not convinced about the hair.