Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-16-2022, 03:40 PM   #711
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Very disheartening. My Catwoman came yesterday with the head broken off. 3 for 3 this week with broken pieces.

I actually thought the head is shipped this way until I put it on and noticed paint chips all around.This piece is so gorgeous I'm torn. Waiting for distributor to response.

Anyone have idea if they will replace or give some sort of credit? Sucks cause shipping and duties are expensive and I sure don't want to pay again.
[ATTACH]Attachment 151789[/ATTACH]
Truly sorry about your statue. There have been 2 other collectors that I've seen on Facebook that have encountered the same issue.

During the shipping process, if the box is dropped with moderate force, especially in a vertical position where Catwoman is upside down, I think the chances significantly increase for something like this to happen. There is just not enough padding and protection around the neck and head area to absorb the "jolt energy" during shipping.

I would still let JND know what happened even if you didn't buy direct from them. Maybe they will reach out with a replacement statue as they see this is becoming an issue with this statue. At this pricing point, hopefully their customer service will be reflective of it.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #712
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Truly sorry about your statue. There have been 2 other collectors that I've seen on Facebook that have encountered the same issue.

During the shipping process, if the box is dropped with moderate force, especially in a vertical position where Catwoman is upside down, I think the chances significantly increase for something like this to happen. There is just not enough padding and protection around the neck and head area to absorb the "jolt energy" during shipping.

I would still let JND know what happened even if you didn't buy direct from them. Maybe they will reach out with a replacement statue as they see this is becoming an issue with this statue. At this pricing point, hopefully their customer service will be reflective of it.
Thank you. The distributor say the will reach out to JND. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:06 AM   #713
skizzoid
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
No, it wasn't. Just received it yesterday. First time with this distributor. Even if I don't have to ship back, I still have to pay for shipping and duties again. Mera, I did order direct.

Funny story. I was not planning to buy JND as they are expensive (worth it IMHO). I could've buy Wonder Woman direct but decided not to. And then saw more and more pictures and manage to score one from SF.

Catwoman came, love Anne, but told myself no. Wonder Woman is the only one. But once WW in hand pictures surfaced, I got really excited. But by this time, SF already sold out. I managed to find one from GFX. Now I'm 3 deep. Told myself this is it lol.

Sorry for the long post.
Sorry to hear about the damaged head on yours. I got mine from GFX yesterday and had a similar issue as well. The head didn't crack off with the collar like yours did though- the silicone portrait broke off, and while it can be reattached, it's not very stable and wobbles a lot. I've reached out to them as well, and hopefully they're able to make it right for both of us (especially for you).

Other than the head popping off, this statue looks pretty amazing. It's my first 1/3 scale piece, and for space reasons, this might also be my last one, which I'm okay with.
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:35 AM   #714
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
Sorry to hear about the damaged head on yours. I got mine from GFX yesterday and had a similar issue as well. The head didn't crack off with the collar like yours did though- the silicone portrait broke off, and while it can be reattached, it's not very stable and wobbles a lot. I've reached out to them as well, and hopefully they're able to make it right for both of us (especially for you).

Other than the head popping off, this statue looks pretty amazing. It's my first 1/3 scale piece, and for space reasons, this might also be my last one, which I'm okay with.
Sorry to hear you have similar issue. It sucks when you spend so much money on them. My last 4 statues all broke in some form. 3 in just this week. It is a very beautiful statue otherwise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220716_203838.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	151803

Name:	20220716_203927.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	151804
Old 07-17-2022, 02:15 AM   #715
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Yellowbeast - you're a better man then me, I'd be having an aneurysm right about now.

You should definitely replace this if possible! These pieces are just too expensive to "make do"....it's like buying a Rolex and it comes out the box broken....

I remember hearing in one of the JND YouTube videos that the level of customer service is much better if you are a direct customer vs buying from a retailer. But either way, I hope you get this resolved.

What were the other statues that came in broken?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:36 AM   #716
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Yellowbeast - you're a better man then me, I'd be having an aneurysm right about now.

You should definitely replace this if possible! These pieces are just too expensive to "make do"....it's like buying a Rolex and it comes out the box broken....

I remember hearing in one of the JND YouTube videos that the level of customer service is much better if you are a direct customer vs buying from a retailer. But either way, I hope you get this resolved.

What were the other statues that came in broken?
Thank you Silas.

Received Sideshow Machiko couple weeks ago. One of the leg broke in half. Ebay seller didn't really want to help. I didn't return because don't want to lose shipping and duties. Will try to fix in future.
Couple days ago, received custom Carnage. One of the tendril broke off from arm to hand.
Same time received Hades Lotus Goddess. The vase broke off from hand.

As you mentioned, Catwoman is expensive especially adding shipping and Canadian duties. This one hurts because I really love this. In hand, she is so gorgeous.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #717
TB-303
Fantastic Four

Unhappy More JND Catwoman statues with broken head

Unfortunately, my JND Catwoman also arrived with a broken head.
I received a replacement copy from my dealer. But the head of this second statue was also broken off in the same place. There seems to be a fundamental problem here. Extremely annoying and disappointing. Especially with such a very expensive statue. I will not collect anything from JND for now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Broken_Selina_1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	152621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken_Selina_2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	152622   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd Selina also broken.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	152623  
TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:16 PM   #718
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-303 View Post
Unfortunately, my JND Catwoman also arrived with a broken head.
I received a replacement copy from my dealer. But the head of this second statue was also broken off in the same place. There seems to be a fundamental problem here. Extremely annoying and disappointing. Especially with such a very expensive statue. I will not collect anything from JND for now.
Sorry to here about your replacement. May I ask who your dealer is? Mine is GFX. I've send a few emails for updates on my case and they are ghosting me.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #719
TB-303
Fantastic Four

I bought here in Germany from a shop called Amazing Collectibles. They're also not the fastest in terms of support. But at least I got an answer to my emails after a few days - and then the replacement statue, which unfortunately arrived damaged again...

Have you tried contacting JND directly? As far as I can tell, they are in turn in touch with their sellers. Maybe then you will finally get help. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #720
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-303 View Post
I bought here in Germany from a shop called Amazing Collectibles. They're also not the fastest in terms of support. But at least I got an answer to my emails after a few days - and then the replacement statue, which unfortunately arrived damaged again...

Have you tried contacting JND directly? As far as I can tell, they are in turn in touch with their sellers. Maybe then you will finally get help. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
Thanks. Hope you get yours sorted out also. JND said to go to your distributor. It will be faster. If you did not buy direct, you will be put back of the line if you go to them.