Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-26-2021, 09:46 PM   #4061
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think the movie studios really need to work on a Berserk movie. There is a lot of great material there. Or maybe wait 5-10 years to let the Social Justice theme's burn up.

Mark my words. Manga will be the next things the big movie studios look at after the Superhero genre....
There's no indication it will. The momentum this has means it will only get worse, if that is possible to imagine. I'm convinced the fad is driven by something evil, because it's all inexplicably being pushed from random industries with no regard to losses.

With the report that a single Demon Slayer issue outsold the entire comic book industry is pretty damning, but not shocking. It would be best to go with a small independent studio for a movie with everything to prove. We know the big ones will mess it up.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:43 PM   #4062
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
There's no indication it will. The momentum this has means it will only get worse, if that is possible to imagine. I'm convinced the fad is driven by something evil, because it's all inexplicably being pushed from random industries with no regard to losses.

With the report that a single Demon Slayer issue outsold the entire comic book industry is pretty damning, but not shocking. It would be best to go with a small independent studio for a movie with everything to prove. We know the big ones will mess it up.
It is interesting to see an industry bent on self destruction but maybe because it is with investor money. Easy to spend someone else's coin.

I am happy to see the comic industry getting demolished. Would be happy to see Disney spin off Marvel or Star Wars into their own entities. Monopoly argument anyone. Clean house and start over please. Just stay away from Manga. Interesting to hear about the success of Demon Slayer.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #4063
Mooste
The Avengers

-Double-
Mooste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #4064
Mooste
The Avengers

I actually have that guts Pikachu on PO. No idea when it will get here.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #4065
Spliff
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think the movie studios really need to work on a Berserk movie. There is a lot of great material there. Or maybe wait 5-10 years to let the Social Justice theme's burn up.

Mark my words. Manga will be the next things the big movie studios look at after the Superhero genre....
They already tried going after manga with the One Punch Man Darkshine fiasco, but thankfully the Japanese are based and don’t care.
Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 AM   #4066
Mooste
The Avengers

Well, it seems that manga outsells superhero comics now so I hope the Japanese don't sell their licences to Hollywood.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:05 PM   #4067
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

They are already busy enough doing terrible live action adaptations of their own manga
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:58 AM   #4068
Mooste
The Avengers

Well I guess that's true. But I doubt many want Hollywood adaptations lol
Old 06-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #4069
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I want as much movies, manga, anime, games or merchandise based on berserk as I can get. It doesn't have to be a perfect adaptation for me to enjoy it but gatekeepers and purists slow down the hype for things being made
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #4070
Mooste
The Avengers

Although Hollywood aren't purists they are definitly are gatekeepers. One of the reasons I don't like them.