Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #11
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Where can I buy it...?? Best Buy....???
Most likely but I think it comes out in the US on the 8th.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
ah.

thanks so much. I just saw the trailer on the DVD for 10,000 bc. Loked good!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Probably pickin' it up.

I enjoy DC animation quite a bit.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:24 AM   #14
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've got it, but I haven't had a chance to watch t yet. Probably later tonight...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #15
Sledge Hammer!

Well that was a massive disappointment. I thought this ranged from mediocre to downright awful personally.

The first story is as bad an animated Batman story as I've ever seen, in fact it made The Batman look like a masterpiece by comparison, it was just so flat out awful. Not to mention being a complete rip off of the Legends of the Dark Knight episode from the New Batman Adventures, only told far more poorly, with horrible fake sounding "kid speak" dialogue, and paint by numbers predictable as all hell storytelling. Oh and the animation was the crappiest of all six segments too. For a story that only lasted a bit over twelve minutes, it seemed to drag on forever, which is never a good sign.

The five episodes that followed ranged from poor to mediocre, and while none were anywhere near as bad as that first episode, I didn't find myself enjoying any of them really. To me the whole thing just looked cheap, with prehistoric anime techniques used for much of it, the scripting and dialogue was stilted, the voice acting stiff and unconvincing for the most part (even Conroy seemed bored much of the time), and even at 70 odd minutes the whole thing seemed interminably long. It does get gradually better as it goes along, but it never actually gets 'good', at least not in my eyes.

A major disappointment in my opinion.

That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy this, just like our buddy AsOneDead above demonstrates, I'm just not one of them, as the whole thing just didn't work for me at all. Ah well, such is life. Roll on The Dark Knight anyway.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
That's when Amazon's supposed to ship it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Are you a regular fan of anime?

Even though most of the issues you stated had to do with plot, story and pacing which sucks, just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
Well that was a massive disappointment. I thought this ranged from mediocre to downright awful personally.

The first story is as bad an animated Batman story as I've ever seen, in fact it made The Batman look like a masterpiece by comparison, it was just so flat out awful. Not to mention being a complete rip off of the Legends of the Dark Knight episode from the New Batman Adventures, only told far more poorly, with horrible fake sounding "kid speak" dialogue, and paint by numbers predictable as all hell storytelling. Oh and the animation was the crappiest of all six segments too. For a story that only lasted a bit over twelve minutes, it seemed to drag on forever, which is never a good sign.

The five episodes that followed ranged from poor to mediocre, and while none were anywhere near as bad as that first episode, I didn't find myself enjoying any of them really. To me the whole thing just looked cheap, with prehistoric anime techniques used for much of it, the scripting and dialogue was stilted, the voice acting stiff and unconvincing for the most part (even Conroy seemed bored much of the time), and even at 70 odd minutes the whole thing seemed interminably long. It does get gradually better as it goes along, but it never actually gets 'good', at least not in my eyes.

A major disappointment in my opinion.

That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy this, just like our buddy AsOneDead above demonstrates, I'm just not one of them, as the whole thing just didn't work for me at all. Ah well, such is life. Roll on The Dark Knight anyway.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
Sledge Hammer!

Some anime yes, some anime no. I'm not a hardcore anime fan, but I appreciate the artform, and as such have seen quite a bit of anime over the years. As such I was actually fully open to an anime take on Batman, in fact I was looking forward to it, but this just didn't work for me, at all. In fact I found it very pedestrian. Others mileage may vary.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #19
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hmmm . . . I was going to blind buy this on Blu-ray because hey, its Batman, but after reading your review Sledge I think I may give it a rental first. Based on past discussions regarding other films our tastes seem pretty similar so if you had issues with it theres a good chance I'll feel the same. Appreciate the review.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
PIP
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

from seeing the trailer on here ages ago i didn't think this was going to be up to much, but then i'm biased against it cause i really am not a fan of manga/anime, and as far as i'm concerned anything after BTAS and JLA and JLU is going to be a let down as they are just so good
PIP is offline   Reply With Quote