Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #1121
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Just sell it for cheaper. Problem solved.
If it was at all possible that would be done. :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #1122
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

If they're shipped separately, international customers wanting both will be losing out big time.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #1123
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Apologies if I was unclear in my original post but by selling them together the price tag (as a whole) would be quite, quite large, so splitting them a part allows folks the chance to get the executioner for a good chunk less then if they were kept together as a singular product (and vice versa).
Oh I'm clear on it and I don't agree on how this is done. If SSC made the exclusive with the dog minion at $80 to $100 more, I'm sure a lot of collectors would not have a problem paying it. Essentially the ex is (example $480-$500) & the reg $400.

This would save the consumer (especially of they are international) money on shipping & custom fees.

If the people don't want the ex, they can buy the singular version. This minion dog is so small that it could had been made into an ex. Nobody or hardly anyone will buy the dog alone.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:06 AM   #1124
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Oh I'm clear on it and I don't agree on how this is done. If SSC made the exclusive with the dog minion at $80 to $100 more, I'm sure a lot of collectors would not have a problem paying it. Essentially the ex is (example $480-$500) & the reg $400.

This would save the consumer (especially of they are international) money on shipping & custom fees.

If the people don't want the ex, they can buy the singular version. This minion dog is so small that it could had been made into an ex. Nobody or hardly anyone will buy the dog alone.
The hound is not just $80 or even $100 more to simply add on..it will be far more. Add that into the Executioner and you have one pricey piece if they were a singular item. The hound is actually a really substantial piece as well in size and detail that I can't even say it's anywhere on par with most exclusive items that come with pieces (ei: switch out heads, switch out arms, name plate, etc.)....it's not comparable at all.

Last edited by SSAlex; 01-15-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #1125
felixckf
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I accept that Thorg sell as a product alone,it's nice. but not executioner, SS show him (them) together , on the same base, with single price / info tag in sdcc , everyone will say they are one. You can't just give a new base and es to the dog then called it a product. If it really wanna give collector a choice , why don't try sell with a lower price that Queen without 2 minions.
felixckf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:22 AM   #1126
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixckf View Post
I accept that Thorg sell as a product alone,it's nice. but not executioner, SS show him (them) together , on the same base, with single price / info tag in sdcc , everyone will say they are one. You can't just give a new base and es to the dog then called it a product. If it really wanna give collector a choice , why don't try sell with a lower price that Queen without 2 minions.
There was no price listed for the Executioner at SDCC. The hope was to have both together as a singular product but once it went further through the process of production it was realized that to offer it as an all in one piece wouldn't work for a lot of collector's pocket books/bank accounts.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:07 AM   #1127
felixckf
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

yes Alex , sure it's had not a price on the tag, even now we don't know the price yet . i was talking the tag thing . anyway , maybe sell seperately is some collector's choice, but i just think they should be able in 1 box share some es number, the single piece. just what a feel , no offence.
felixckf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:23 AM   #1128
PureInvasion

Totally agree that this should be sold as a bundle and a bundle only. The two were always shown together and no one would have thought they'd be separate purchases. If the price tag is too high and 'wouldn't work' for some collectors...who cares? Odds are, if the price is too high then it was too high regardless (with or without the added minion).

I could see selling additional minions to purchase (should purchasers require MORE), but not to include one with the main PF in the first place is a very odd move.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #1129
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Pricing ultimately. To put him and the hound up as a singular piece would be very pricey for people's pocketbooks, so by separating them it gives fans of Court of the Dead the ability to pick up the Executioner for less than if the hound was included.
Thanks answering in this thread Alex.
Sorry i'll ask in the Q&A thread next time.

If sideshow brainstorm about price tag/separating pieces in the future:

Please don't forget international buyers.
No problem (almost) when a piece has no EX, a local shop can sell it at good price.
But when there is an Ex or even worse a strictly online sold statue please don't forget us for the shipping and tax : it has HUGE impact.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #1130
VS1976

Quote:
The hound is not just $80 or even $100 more to simply add on..it will be far more. Add that into the Executioner and you have one pricey piece if they were a singular item. The hound is actually a really substantial piece as well in size and detail that I can't even say it's anywhere on par with most exclusive items that come with pieces (ei: switch out heads, switch out arms, name plate, etc.)....it's not comparable at all.
I'm sure if u guys wanted to make it a package deal in one box, it would be done. This is just a cop out that Ssc assumes (if that was true) that people can not afford them as 1 so SSC decide to split it into 2 purchases to lower the cost of the PF.

Factor in that this primaryly affects international buyers with additional shipping cost and custom fees. Nobody wants to pay additional $$ to buy it as a set when this could be made into one.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote