Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 07-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #61
John828
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I hope they start issuing Series 5 soon. Although I have serious doubts. With the prices so low lately, I've been able to get good deals on some statues I wanted but my budget wouldn't allow for.

Since the new year, I've gotten TIE Pilot, Tusken Raider, Jawa, Jango Fett, Jabba, Salacious & Pipe and the Gamorrean Guard. They really compliment my Darth Vader 1, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Emperor Palpatine, Royal Guard and Darth Maul.

My next statues to pick up are Bib Fortuna, Clone Trooper and then General Grevious. If I wasn't in process of buying a house and moving I'd get Grevious sooner, but it looks too fragile to keep moving around. I eventually hope to get the 2 Sandtroopers also. Then I wait for the Probe Droid....if that happens....and then Series 5 ...if that happens. Any other suggestions?
John828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #62
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow, you've certainly amassed quite the collection there John, nice going. The Sandtroopers are 2 of my personal favorites and would make for a great addition like you said. I'd also recommend Artoo and Threepio if you can find them. Yoda II would look great with the Clone Trooper you plan on getting as would Padme but I'm not sure if you're into the human sculpts. I only like a few myself. Han and Chewy also make for a nice setup.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #63
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

My top 7 are the ones I purchased and kept for myself-
Maul
Vader II
Jango
Grievous
Sand Sarge
Sand Orange
Clone trooper

I got my mitts on a few others in the past, but sold them
The only other one I want that is out is the Emperor.
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #64
John828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Wow, you've certainly amassed quite the collection there John, nice going. The Sandtroopers are 2 of my personal favorites and would make for a great addition like you said. I'd also recommend Artoo and Threepio if you can find them. Yoda II would look great with the Clone Trooper you plan on getting as would Padme but I'm not sure if you're into the human sculpts. I only like a few myself. Han and Chewy also make for a nice setup.
I love the Attakus non-human statues, but I'm not overly thrilled with the human statues. Do you like Yoda II better than the first? I always thought about R2 & 3P0 also, as well as Han in Carbonite for the Attakus diorama I've started. Thanks again for the A+ recommendations!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #65
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John828 View Post
Do you like Yoda II better than the first?
Well they're totally different but equally great pieces IMO. If I had to pick one I might go with Yoda I but he is obviously more expensive and much harder to come by. I guess it just depends on what version of Yoda works best in your collection. When displaying my Attakus statues I pair them up in themes. For example on one shelf I have Artoo & Threepio, a Jawa and the Sandtroopers. On another shelf I have Yoda II, Padme, Jango and the Clone Trooper. Yoda II works great if you're doing an EPII shelf like I did and since you mentioned you were interested in the Clone Trooper I figured I'd recommend him as I'm pretty fond of the piece myself.

BTW check your PMs.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #66
Josh2K4
Nightwing

although the sculpt and paintjob of yodaII is much better than yodaI, I think the first edition is the most iconic SW piece attakus ever made and really captures the way most of us know yoda.

therefore if I had to pick between them Ild go with yoda I

R2 is a must too - and a second RG of course
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #67
Darth Mystery
Loki

I need COUNT DOOKU, come on Attakus speed things up, stop with what you are doing and give us COUNT DOOKU.

Did you hear that COUNT DOOKU
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #68
John828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2K4 View Post
R2 is a must too - and a second RG of course
I thought about eventually down the line getting an R2 and C3PO.

You're going to think I'm nuts or pathetic, but I've held out on getting a second RG because I hope that Attakus will one day make a Senate Guard. I figured that Palpatine, flanked by a RG on one side and a Senate Guard on the other, might look cool. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #69
John828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mystery View Post
I need COUNT DOOKU, come on Attakus speed things up, stop with what you are doing and give us COUNT DOOKU.

I would love a Dooku statue, but I'm afraid that in typical Attakus fashion the human likeness may not look so good.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #70
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mystery View Post

lol
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote