Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #21
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Are you sure its the head you sent him and not HIS damaged Vega head?? Unless the mailman played football with the package it could not have broken this way with the way you packaged it. It just doesn't make sense...
There's a lot of very shady buyers out there you have be careful who you deal with. always research the buyers rating and feedback when selling on ebay to avoid dealing with a charlatan..
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #22
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I hope they don't lose one of the boxes... If they lost the head box how would you prove value.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #23
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
unfortunately this happens quite often, which is why I mark all my statues I sell.
With the bases and all the parts separate these days, I think a lot of people with broken parts are buying statues and then inserting their broken parts. I think that is what happened here.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #24
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Are you sure its the head you sent him and not HIS damaged Vega head?? Unless the mailman played football with the package it could not have broken this way with the way you packaged it. It just doesn't make sense...
There's a lot of very shady buyers out there you have be careful who you deal with. always research the buyers rating and feedback when selling on ebay to avoid dealing with a charlatan..
That is a likely possibility, especially considering one of the ponytails not only snapped off, but the tip snapped too. If you have high-res images before and after, there may be enough difference in paint application to confirm they're swapped.

Before posting things on eBay, I go far as looking up the person on facebook
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #25
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
That is a likely possibility, especially considering one of the ponytails not only snapped off, but the tip snapped too. If you have high-res images before and after, there may be enough difference in paint application to confirm they're swapped.

Before posting things on eBay, I go far as looking up the person on facebook
Yep smart..I never sell statues to a buyer with less than 30 feedbacks and anyone with a single negative feedback is automatically disqualified
Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #26
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Yep smart..I never sell statues to a buyer with less than 30 feedbacks and anyone with a single negative feedback is automatically disqualified
That is tough because, I am sure many con artists buy little things from large companies that will build up the feedback very quick, so a 0 or a 1 could be the same thing as 50 or 300. I have almost 2000 feedbacks/3000 transactions and been buying and selling on ebay for over 14 years and I have been very lucky only a handful of bad transactions not including non payment, (but even sometimes you might get more than previously sold for).
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 AM   #27
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
That is tough because, I am sure many con artists buy little things from large companies that will build up the feedback very quick, so a 0 or a 1 could be the same thing as 50 or 300. I have almost 2000 feedbacks/3000 transactions and been buying and selling on ebay for over 14 years and I have been very lucky only a handful of bad transactions not including non payment, (but even sometimes you might get more than previously sold for).
Exactly..Fortunately you can also check exactly what they bought. With experience, weeding out the bad ones becomes almost instinctive
Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #28
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Like I said I had an EX one packed similar I was sure he would be mint and both heads were broken in exactly the same spot as this one during shipping. the hair is just so fragile!

Never a truer word was spoken! If you have one of these heads mint then keep it as they are getting rarer and rarer. This is a perfect example even with some of the best packaging I ever saw the thing still breaks!!
I had 2 Green Vega's till now, one came from Cornerstore and one from a member here. Both came absolutely perfect with no breaks (one of them came even with 3 heads).
Sold one to member Akumalove who picked it up herself. Another one was sold on Ebay to the US and arrived in perfect shape. I did not even packed it 60% as perfect as this one to be honest.
Also I had 2 reg Vega's till now. 2 Because the first one fell down from my shelve (my own fault), member Shoormann bought him and could fix him perfectly and I bought a second one. The first came from SS directly and the second one from a shop in Berlin, both came in perfect shape. I also got a Vega EX from Ebay and he also came with both heads without any breaks.
So that is 6 times I received or sent Vega with no problems
As I see it I'm either extremely lucky or this is just weird. I can't see how especially the little hairpart could break in that way when it is completely wrapped...
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #29
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
unfortunately this happens quite often, which is why I mark all my statues I sell.
That is sad, how do you mark them without beeing visible?
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
wvg9250
Death is hereditary.

My vega arrived in pristine condition and hes shipped with standard pcs packaging all the way from U.S
Your buyer could be pulling a stunt on you, but who knows.
From 1 to 10, I could easily give you 9.999999 on how you pack that parcel
Good luck dealing with claims
wvg9250 is offline   Reply With Quote