Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #81
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Know this is P1 but please do anyone have pics to compare P1 triceratops with IS triceratops (lay down). Thanks!!
Don't really feel to mess with the IS and the P1 is attached to the base so lay down the entire piece, while taking a picture at the same time, would be quite challenging.
But i can tell you the IS is much bigger and imposing in person. They weight more or less the same, if anything i think P1 overall weights more and that's odd because IS is entirely made of polystone and, as far as i can tell, P1 is not.
Detail and paint application are great on both, i might slightly prefer P1 though.
All in all super happy with either, but thanks to the amazing humans and overall size i think IS might be the better choice on this one.
Also love how P1 Exclusives look next to IS pieces.

VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #82
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Thanks for sharing love this piece.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #83
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank you for the detailed answer!
I’m really considering going for one of those. Have the Rexy from IS as well as the raptors, and the blue from P1, and since all these pieces look quite amazing I want to get a nice triceratops. And as mentioned I want to have a big piece.
Agree both looks amazing, but (and I know scales are different) I think that P1 es a little smaller (if you remove the base the animal will be much smaller). But looks amazing! Please would you provide more opinions?! Thanks!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:44 AM   #84
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
But looks amazing! Please would you provide more opinions?! Thanks!
Hi
As i said, i really love both pieces so i strongly believe you can't go wrong with either.
If i understood correctly, you have IS stand alone Rex/Raptors so i assume humans and dioramas are not a priority for you. In that case, if i had to chose based on the Trike alone, i'd probably go with Prime 1 because of the museum-like pose and amazing finish. It's a stunning looking piece and in terms of scale, even if considerably smaller, would still fit relatively well with IS pieces because of how undersized the Trike appeared in the movie.

On the other hand, going with the IS would provide a little more consistency, you'd have alot of amazing human figures as well (which truly are incredible in person, Lex in particular looks 3D printed from the real one) and a bigger, more imposing (and also nostalgic) piece in general. But it would also cost you more.

It's really up to you, i feel the more i talk the more uncertain i make you feel so i'll just close with this: if i had a line of stand alone 1:10 JP dinosaurs, in museum poses and different bases, and didn't care for movie characters, i'd go with Prime 1 and also save a few bucks.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #85
T-Rex

Thank you for the answer!! Really appreciate it!

Regarding characters I also have Malcolm and Grant from IS, but Although I like them I feel that they really don’t fit on my standalone dinos. So maybe the P1 will be a good option.

Also the place where it will be placed is a little high , so that will not help with the IS piece. But as you mentioned both pieces looks incredible!!!!

I’m thinking if one day someone will gift us with a triceratops like the one in the pic...

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90CEA6B5-274F-4B19-BDF0-9D588BC8A592.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	139423  
Old 05-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #86
Frebmx
Frackin!

Hi all,

I’ve been reading these pages for a while now, and a longtime Jurassic fanatic. I was debating on which line to get between Iron Studios or Prime 1.

Few months ago found an amazing deal on Blue, and last week got one on the triceratops. I wasn’t blown away by pictures online, but boy, pictures do not do her justice! So happy to own these amazing pieces I Could only dream of as a kid.

They’re on display in the living room for now, as my wife loves them to as a decorative piece, however she doesn’t know yet I’m on the hunt for rexy and the rest of the line now may have to move my 80’s stuff around :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C862D896-BF12-4414-8844-259ADEDE789D.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	139576   Click image for larger version

Name:	22FB887D-A6B6-4DB3-8BC0-1BC85B021AA9.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	139577   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAE6740F-7B12-4CF4-BD64-0A407E390766.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	139578  
Frebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #87
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Great addition mate, congratz!
It really is a stunning piece, one of my absolute favorites.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:16 AM   #88
Frebmx
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Great addition mate, congratz!
It really is a stunning piece, one of my absolute favorites.
Thanks! Seeing pictures of your Jurassic dedicated collection makes me wanna sell my other stuff

Definitely on a dino hunt from here on! They should make that 1/15 brachio though.
Frebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #89
T-Rex

They look absolutely fantastic! Congrats!!