Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #1221
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Here's the message straight from Prime 1.....

"As your suggestion for the Big Game Cover Art Predator, it is not we don't want to get involved
with Sideshow, it is just they are one of our distributors, and all our distributors have their own
maeketing strategy for every single item, it is not our position to interfere their decisions."
Gah.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #1222
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Really looking forward to seeing this, you big baller you....
...please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #1223
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
...please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.

I'm sure it won't, hopefully you'll be rewarded for being the forum Guinea pig.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #1224
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Haha. Taking it for the team. I'll post pics when I get it.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:45 PM   #1225
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm starting to think that it is actually Sideshow refusing to do so with this one for whatever reason.
This seemed the more likely case from the beginning. For Alien and Predator, Sideshow produces their own 1/4 maquettes and already distribute 1/3 stuff from CoolProps. They've had no problem carrying comic-based merchandise, but consistently demonstrated they don't want any of Prime 1's film products apart from the Queen. Either they don't think that particular Queen would eat into sales of their own (she's quite a bit bigger than theirs) or she doesn't break any existing license/scale restrictions.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:11 PM   #1226
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
This seemed the more likely case from the beginning. For Alien and Predator, Sideshow produces their own 1/4 maquettes and already distribute 1/3 stuff from CoolProps. They've had no problem carrying comic-based merchandise, but consistently demonstrated they don't want any of Prime 1's film products apart from the Queen. Either they don't think that particular Queen would eat into sales of their own (she's quite a bit bigger than theirs) or she doesn't break any existing license/scale restrictions.

They are offering the 1/4 Fugitive Predator also. This is why it's so strange, there doesn't seem to be any pattern other than Sideshow aren't offering the two Predators that you would expect to be the most popular. I guess we'll never know why. If they are making their own comparable products, then that's understandable. But they will have to very much up their game to better Prime 1's.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #1227
Enomis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Haha. Taking it for the team. I'll post pics when I get it.
Oh man, first of all good luck, I will keep my order on hold, especially considering what they written to me (hopefully it is the truth about EU shipping) anyway please post pics as soon as you can
I was in the P1 shop of Tokyo at day one, during the preorder. it was my Japan trip gift for my 40th birthday in 2019... and I don’t want to drop this order unless the paint job will be terrible
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #1228
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
They are offering the 1/4 Fugitive Predator also. This is why it's so strange, there doesn't seem to be any pattern other than Sideshow aren't offering the two Predators that you would expect to be the most popular. I guess we'll never know why. If they are making their own comparable products, then that's understandable. But they will have to very much up their game to better Prime 1's.
I think I know why... (Key Word = Think)? The present day pattern looks to me like the Prime 1 statues that need help being sold, wind-up on Sideshows site. The one's that don't... don't.

The Fugitive Predator, while being a movie licensed Predator, is not flying off the shelves & they anticipated that from the beginning. I bought both Prime 1's Jungle & City Hunters & wouldn't even buy that statue for half the price. (not interested) The movie was an abomination.

Hopefully SS will get the Ahab Pred, because he's not as popular as the JH & CH? That's why Cracked Tusk, Big Game & Scorpion Alien were on SS.

Did you ever get the light up to work yet? I have to wait for Spec Fiction to send mine.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #1229
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Did you ever get the light up to work yet? I have to wait for Spec Fiction to send mine.

No, it doesn't work. I'm messaging them about it right now before I forget again.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:02 PM   #1230
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
No, it doesn't work. I'm messaging them about it right now before I forget again.
Oh damn... Well than maybe you can get a new head then if it's bunk. One without the green brush strokes possibly...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote