Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #1231
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Oh damn... Well than maybe you can get a new head then if it's bunk. One without the green brush strokes possibly...

I don't even need that, just the mask. I'm hoping they will replace it, but I'll be sure to report back either way.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:01 PM   #1232
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I bit the bullet. I'll let you guys know when it ships.
Hey Gary. Can you let us know what you pay for duty when it hits our Canadian shores. I'm still thinking of biting that bullet for the DX.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:26 PM   #1233
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
Hey Gary. Can you let us know what you pay for duty when it hits our Canadian shores. I'm still thinking of biting that bullet for the DX.
Gladly. Keep in mind, I'm in Alberta so I only have to pay GST.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here. If Prime 1 codes the statue as a "toy" on the declaration, we shouldn't have to pay duties, only tax. Also, I don't believe we should have to pay duties or tax on the shipping fees, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

In the past few years, Sideshow has changed their coding for statues which has resulted in duty fees. I've tried to appeal it with Customs Canada and my claims were rejected.

As an estimate, including my final payment yesterday, I've paid $3413 CAD for this statue(including shipping). If shipping was included for duties and tax I would owe:

Duty x .04% = $136CAD
Tax x .05% = $170CAD.

This brings you to a total of $3719 for this statue. FML
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:17 AM   #1234
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

As someone who ordered the Victim along with the Pred, I can’t justify paying for Standard shipping given the Victim is not even being given a ship date! Economy is the only sane decision in this situation and I’m not holding my breath that the Victim will be out in time to arrive alongside the Pred.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:30 AM   #1235
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
As an estimate, including my final payment yesterday, I've paid $3413 CAD for this statue(including shipping). If shipping was included for duties and tax I would owe:

Duty x .04% = $136CAD
Tax x .05% = $170CAD.

This brings you to a total of $3719 for this statue. FML
That is even higher than locally within EU, but unfortunately have to wait for at least 2 months (ETA around end of July).

Hope it turns out perfect / the first real post on SF mostly is
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:36 AM   #1236
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
As someone who ordered the Victim along with the Pred, I can’t justify paying for Standard shipping given the Victim is not even being given a ship date! Economy is the only sane decision in this situation and I’m not holding my breath that the Victim will be out in time to arrive alongside the Pred.
Yes, the tree will be one Big box also.
August is on website, so prob around Sept, but they have a lot of products around that time frame, so who knows..
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:06 AM   #1237
GaryTonge
Kingpin

This is the message I received from P1 when I asked them when my statue will ship:

"Thank you for contacting us. Usually, it takes 1-3 weeks to receive the tracking number. Please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any questions."

LoL. Hilarious.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:19 PM   #1238
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
This is the message I received from P1 when I asked them when my statue will ship:

"Thank you for contacting us. Usually, it takes 1-3 weeks to receive the tracking number. Please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any questions."

LoL. Hilarious.

Is it express shipping? I think my City Hunter took about 5 days to ship after me being charged, and then a few more days to actually get to me.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #1239
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Express is my only option. They're citing COVID as the reason for the delay.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:51 PM   #1240
Blade3327
Nightwing

New photos from Instagram's notthatbruce_lee: https://www.instagram.com/notthatbruce_lee/

The brown dots suck, especially on the left side of the forehead (our right). Seems to be this way on most of the ones we've seen so far, which makes me wonder if the stencil they're using is the problem.

I suppose it looks nice enough on display, but how the hell do they mess up the forehead dots on this when they did such an immaculate job on the Fugitive?

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote