Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #371
Peedi
The Secret Six

Wasn’t sure, but exactly what I thought from the teaser images, this costume is over-designed and ugly. It looks like they could’ve been thinking “what would he possibly look like in the MCU?” But the details are fail, especially around the mid body section.

The pose to me is fine, I like the base, it gives me the destroyed comic book city vibe, and even if this were larger, it still wouldn’t come close to comparison for pairing with any 1:4 statue. It’s just the costume details that make this a pass.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #372
Peedi
The Secret Six

And wtf I’m going to be that guy, drop a whole Galactus pretty much out of nowhere but we’re still waiting for Doom and an already partially teased Storm. It’s exactly what I figured would happen, hold those 2 but release previously unannounced pieces in the meantime, typical Sideshow really, but I would so love to know how SS decides what gets teased waaaaay in advance vs what they decide to go “F it, just throw it up now.”
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #373
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

These comments. lol ouch! My favorite is cosmic moo moo. lol
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:22 PM   #374
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Wasn’t sure, but exactly what I thought from the teaser images, this costume is over-designed and ugly. It looks like they could’ve been thinking “what would he possibly look like in the MCU?” But the details are fail, especially around the mid body section.

The pose to me is fine, I like the base, it gives me the destroyed comic book city vibe, and even if this were larger, it still wouldn’t come close to comparison for pairing with any 1:4 statue. It’s just the costume details that make this a pass.

Of course any Galactus rendition manageable enough to pair with 1/4 scale statues would not do the big guy justice, ever. But a 36" or taller version would help, & have a hell of a lot of presence.

But yeah, the suit is overdone, just like the Xmas tree ornament XM Thanos. A shame.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #375
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would have gladly paid Juggernaut/Gladiator Hulk Maquette price for 33"-36" Big G. I guess if you still buy him you could just use him as a stand only display or some might put him on a riser, but the body mass will still be off.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #376
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Behold...the puny Galactus
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:38 PM   #377
tonytiger
The X-Men

Look at the bright side, he will fit in a Detolf!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:40 PM   #378
danteipp
Hellboy

I was so excited when I heard SS was coming out with another Galactus Maquette, because I (mistakenly) passed on the first one.

At the time, I opted to go with the Sentinel Maquette (to pair with some Bowen X-Men statues) and just stick with the Galactus/SS bust.

Unfortunately, this is not the Galactus Maquette that I was expecting. Just too small and too much going on overall.

It is still an interesting sculpt, I just assume it will be divisive with those who love it vs. those who hate it.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:40 PM   #379
Mister H
Gen 13

Did Eaglemoss make a Silver Surfer?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #380
cirionrc
Frackin!

What is sideshow thinking? This could have been an legendary statue. Man my high hopes just got smashed. Isn't there people that do quality assurance that say "man I think that's too small....or its needs a switchout". Well I guess I will be waiting for a custom galactus. Not touching this one.
cirionrc is offline   Reply With Quote