Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2021, 01:07 AM   #431
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
He'll be fine. After day 1 it's 7th best selling piece out of 74 PFs and Maquettes.
Quote:
Magic of internet!
Even so... I do not think it means what you think it means.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:17 AM   #432
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Do you think Sideshow will pull this piece back like they did Magneto and Psylocke? I mean this piece is getting more sh!t than either one of those.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:20 AM   #433
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Interesting. I've been collecting since 2016 and I still have no idea what.
Well that’s why there is a You and there’s an I.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:21 AM   #434
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I see you've taken the RED PILL.
Would appear so....
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:22 AM   #435
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Magic of internet!
The vagueness of your data drop is only one-upped by the vagueness of your follow-up reply.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:33 AM   #436
AC_808
Hercules

If they haven't made the molds yet, then maybe SSC can pull it back and resize him. It's a digital sculpt after all. And this piece doesn't really need re-engineering of it's support if they resize him.

Paint scheme can stay the same too. The details on his costume, unfortunately, could just stay as is.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:45 AM   #437
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Do you think Sideshow will pull this piece back like they did Magneto and Psylocke? I mean this piece is getting more sh!t than either one of those.
Sideshow seems to like to throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.

Those pieces were mainly sculpt changes. The main requested resize on this Galactus would require repricing estimates from the factory for a larger piece, higher shipping from China, etc. etc. Then they'd have to crunch the numbers again. Honestly that is why this is the size it is. Their current sales data and the previous Galactus's historical data coupled with current factory prices is what led to this being the size it is.

Sideshow doesn't make the molds. The factory does once Sideshow sends them a casting of all the pieces.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:23 AM   #438
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
I’ve been collecting since August 2019 and I’m finally coming to understand what it is collectors hate about SS.....
2013 for me. I love SS, but sometimes they crap the bed. All manufacturers do at some point.

I was not expecting a Galactus to drop, so it was exciting for a bit, but much like formal gown Batdrapes, the full reveal isn’t something I’d spend money on. Funny I’d have spent double to get something more in line with the first one rather than zero which is what this one will get.

No need to hate on SS though because they made a product I’m not interested in.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:42 AM   #439
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sideshow seems to like to throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.

Those pieces were mainly sculpt changes. The main requested resize on this Galactus would require repricing estimates from the factory for a larger piece, higher shipping from China, etc. etc. Then they'd have to crunch the numbers again. Honestly that is why this is the size it is. Their current sales data and the previous Galactus's historical data coupled with current factory prices is what led to this being the size it is.

Sideshow doesn't make the molds. The factory does once Sideshow sends them a casting of all the pieces.

Right, but SSC pays for the molds. If the factory has to remake the molds, then that would be extra cost. Once made, SSC may not entertain the thought of remaking the molds.

And yes, if SSC resize this piece, it will add more cost. SSC would even have to pay again to reprint a resized Galactus. But people that want this seem to be ready for the cost for a bigger sized Galactus. Not saying SSC will resize this piece, but perhaps they can think about it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #440
OrganicsFearUs
Doh!

I love this design. The size is negligible to me personally, fits easily where I need it to and looks awesome. I'm sure when this is released I'll be seeing a lot of these same people who are complaining picking up this statue.
OrganicsFearUs is offline   Reply With Quote