Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I haven?t had the communication problems yet but I?ve purposely broken pieces so bad they?ve had to replace it with another no questions asked. After returning the same piece 3 times over one month I stopped letting them control the narrative. Half the time the replacement pieces they send don?t even fit the original statue because somehow a machine that?s programmed to cut an entire ES consistently has a brain fart when it comes to my piece.
From what i can gather from posts posted by various collectors who have issue's with Prime 1, when it comes to replacement parts, they tend not to be available. Another common issue is, should a collector decide to return the statue in exchange for a replacement, often the only option is a refund, as no replacement statue is available. As a result the collector has no option but to loose, loose in the form of the return shipping cost. This often results in the collector deciding to keep his/her statue.

I have not once read of the collector keeping a defective Prime 1 statue and receiving points/partial refund to help smooth the issue over.

On the subject of Prime 1 communication. Prime 1 do respond to messages. From experience i know Prime 1's way to respond can come across as harsh, unlike Sideshow Collectibles who it has to be said, are very good when it comes to CS
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #12
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They're one of the greediest, most penny pinching companies I've ever seen.
Yep. True unfortunately.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:40 PM   #13
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I imagine it is a world of difference if the buyer is in Japan or not. That tends to be the issue with a lot of Japanese suppliers and companies. Their infrastructure is often heavily reliant on their consumer being in Japan for efficiency. Amiami, one of the best online figure retailers out there, is also somewhat notorious for the huge difference in customer service toward international customers.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:06 PM   #14
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I never have had any issues with them but then again I don’t consider some the issues people are having to be issues for me. Like I have DX parts that don’t fit so I just sanded the joint down, painted them and went about my life. Lol.

But that’s allowed ever had. Never any breakages or things missing.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:17 PM   #15
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Prime 1 usually responds to my requests pretty fast and are usually great but i never had to replace a part and I was absolutely shocked when they told me If they find the part I have to buy it and pay for shipping, specially for such an expensive piece.

I responded to their email and might hear back in a day or two and see what they say.

Thank you guys for the feedback

bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:22 PM   #16
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I’ll give them credit: I bought the P1 Goku, and like many of them, mine had bubbling eye decals.

P1 did make me jump through some hoops as far as providing pictures in a very certain way, or destroying the defective heads prior to them sending replacements. But they did send me replacement heads quickly, and at no charge.

Maybe that was such a widespread problem they couldn’t avoid fixing it?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:59 PM   #17
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I’ve never ordered direct from Prime1 and I never will. It’s just too risky IMO.
bdlovelace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:53 AM   #18
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
On the subject of Prime 1 communication. Prime 1 do respond to messages. From experience i know Prime 1's way to respond can come across as harsh, unlike Sideshow Collectibles who it has to be said, are very good when it comes to CS
Sideshow is by far one of the easiest companies I’ve ever had the pleasure dealing with. They’ve helped me with returns, refunds and parts if they still have them months after their grace period ends. It’s a shame I buy the fewest pieces from them.

I strong arm P1 so I don’t have to deal with their runaround.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:53 AM   #19
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I?ve never ordered direct from Prime1 and I never will. It?s just too risky IMO.
Yeah it seems to be risky. It's not all bad because some people have good experiences, and not all good because of all the bad experiences. So a bit of a gamble. Have yet to order from them aswell, but we'll see.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:05 AM   #20
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yep...i trusted my instinks and decided not to get my Red Sonja DX from P1 and got instead from Sideshow....i had a feeling their CS was not worth dealing with....looks like i was right

I order P1 statues from BBTS too....yes they charge more but i mean their CS is top notch and they double box everything...even for very large statue boxes they custom cut their boxes and pack with lots of bubble wrap....sometimes their double boxing is so large it becomes a hassle to receive and unpack...
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote