Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #1311
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great. I have old paintbrushes and paint from art school way back when that I dug up when I move. Looks like I should be able to get some use out of it after all. I'll paint some swatches to make sure it' good but I believe it should be black.

Thanks.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #1312
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Black? You got the Killer Bee too right? The boots are not black, they are dark brown. See my pic below, taken with flash but look at the PS Vita next to it; Vita is black, boots are brown.

So small tip when touching it up: use a light to help you match the paint.

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #1313
Shinobu Sensui

I have the SF2 Cammy and the Killer Bee Cammy. The SF2 version has the scuff marks. It looks black as far as I can tell. I will definitely do some swatches before I apply it just to be sure I like it though. Thanks for making sure I didn't screw up anyways. Good looking out.

The Killer be does have a very light faded spot on her outfit around her chest area. Not too worried about it though and didn't even really notice it again until I dusted them. This will be a neat experience as I like fixing and working on things myself and I don't think it should be too bad.

Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:54 PM   #1314
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Ah my bad, I thought you only bought the KB, didn't see your earlier posts
Noticed later that the boots in the pics you posted are different too.

Anyway, are you going to paint the 'tongue' of the boots too? I think they all painted them (the delta red) in the color of the socks (red).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #1315
Shinobu Sensui

You're good. No problem with looking out man. Fortunately I'm not very rash. Unless it's Battletoads of course (lame joke aside).

I might just go ahead and do that since I have seen people talk about it. I wouldn't have bothered but if I'm already painting and I have the tape out, it wouldn't hurt to give it a go. It is kind of odd but I guess I don't pay attention to it much, despite me catching other minute details.

I think I just might and post pics.

I need to get some painting tape and then I'll go from there!
Old 07-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #1316
Shinobu Sensui

Does anybody recommend a good brand of painting tape for artistic use? I didn't want anything too abrasive but something thin enough for detail use (not a thick roll of tape).

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #1317
SONICobra
Batman

tamiya masking tape
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #1318
Shinobu Sensui

Thanks for the feedback!

I had just bought Frog Tape a little bit earlier as I heard it was good. This tape you recommended seems to be used more on models/statues so I'll get it. It is also much thinner too.

Talk about bad timing.

I'll just keep the Frog Tape for other art down the line. It's not really that expensive anyways.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #1319
SONICobra
Batman

frog tape is still useful, i use it to mask things that are next to areas that im sanding. its pretty thick and can protect the item if you get a little carried away, i wouldnt use it for precision masking though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #1320
dao2
Cyclops

I don't think you can go wrong with any painters tape tbh for this, basically it's just tape with really ----ty adhesive :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote