Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-12-2023, 11:22 PM   #91
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
He beat up his gf but has yet to be fired. Kind of weird since they fired Depp instantly and Carano over a tweet.
The situation seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment. Apparently his girlfriend recanted her story, and Majors supposedly has video evidence that he didn't do anything, yet nothing has been revealed. Marvel has a lot invested in him so I doubt they want to have a knee-jerk reaction that they might regret later, like what happened with James Gunn.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 03:46 AM   #92
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
The situation seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment. Apparently his girlfriend recanted her story, and Majors supposedly has video evidence that he didn't do anything, yet nothing has been revealed. Marvel has a lot invested in him so I doubt they want to have a knee-jerk reaction that they might regret later, like what happened with James Gunn.
I figured she recanted for those dollar signs. Why not release the video evidence immediately? It's really a shame because his career was really heating up.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 01:15 PM   #93
MrYac
Hercules

The real reason is that metoo fizzled out so they don’t have to pretend to care anymore, I’m an innocent until proven guilty guy myself so I’m happy to hear but if this happened a couple years ago he would’ve already been believe all womened to death weeks ago.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 02:12 PM   #94
qz33
Doctor Doom

No the real reason is another type of -ism that is at odds with the sexism in this trendy cultural climate.

How about this: Just watch crap and quit investing so much either for good or bad into the people portraying the characters?

People do awful things and often people allow awful things to be done to themselves and usually the more money involved the more awful both ways.

I can't help and don't need to sort every situation out internally for my own peace.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 02:25 PM   #95
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

How about this: Just watch crap and quit investing so much either for good or bad into the people portraying the characters?
i'll do you one better, stop watching the crap all together.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 05:29 PM   #96
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
No the real reason is another type of -ism that is at odds with the sexism in this trendy cultural climate.

People do awful things and often people allow awful things to be done to themselves and usually the more money involved the more awful both ways.

I can't help and don't need to sort every situation out internally for my own peace.
No. Going to the movies is expensive now. Overpaid people who play pretend for a living should stop doing shady stuff and saying they hate their fans. Just be nice like Keanu.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:14 PM   #97
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
No. Going to the movies is expensive now. Overpaid people who play pretend for a living should stop doing shady stuff and saying they hate their fans. Just be nice like Keanu.
Haven't heard of him saying he hates his fans or not sure what to what you are referring with that part.

Yeah same thing with sports, politics, and successful people in general. Maybe Keanu is an exception not the rule but no one knows what all he's ever done if anything. And I don't care to know.

People still like and watch the Cosby show including myself. None of this is going to define what media I choose to consume.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:17 AM   #98
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Haven't heard of him saying he hates his fans or not sure what to what you are referring with that part.

Yeah same thing with sports, politics, and successful people in general. Maybe Keanu is an exception not the rule but no one knows what all he's ever done if anything. And I don't care to know.

People still like and watch the Cosby show including myself. None of this is going to define what media I choose to consume.
I wasn't being specific to Majors. I'm glad you still enjoy that show. You have your standards and I have mine.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:07 AM   #99
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Probably just speculation, but Damson Idris may be in the running to replace Majors. He’s incredible in Snowfall!

https://thedirect.com/article/jonath...nt-rumor-actor
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 02:05 PM   #100
Mister H
Gen 13

I say fire all of them. Do all comic movies in cgi (the good cgi not the kind they have been throwing out lately) and get voice actors.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote