Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-30-2021, 03:31 AM   #331
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I always liked JS the most of the GLs, but I'm not into GL enough to get a statue. Then they hit me with the squirrel. PO'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Tweeterhead wasn't as well known at that point and that Joker is a huge part of it. Don't think any Superpowers had shipped by the time it PO'd, either. They've put out like 25 comic statues since then and really expanded the fanbase.

I certainly didn't know until it was far too late to grab one.
I also think it was because the SP line was too classic and lacked details. These new sculpts are amazing.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:04 AM   #332
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I always liked JS the most of the GLs, but I'm not into GL enough to get a statue. Then they hit me with the squirrel. PO'd.

I also think it was because the SP line was too classic and lacked details. These new sculpts are amazing.
You're probably right. A little too niche of an aesthetic for the general collector. I'd say Joker's one of the few exceptions, though. Saberhagen nailed it on the head...the line introduced a lot of new people (including myself) to TH and helped to prove the quality of their product. Now they've got a bigger fan base ready and waiting for this 2.0 line. ...speaking of...not a sellout, but not too shabby for the first week.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #333
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post

This always surprises me. I like the classic outfits but want detailed sculpts. Not sure why classic means less details to some.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:59 PM   #334
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It is waitlisted at Sideshow and it’s my first preorder in over a year. Glad I ordered it and love the exclusive!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #335
TentacleWolf
Doh!

Probably a dumb question, but how would this match up in size to XMs 1/6 Rebirth Hal Jordan? I know they're both 1/6 but just based on images Johns body seems bigger. Hard to tell for me, will they be same size since they're both 1/6, or does scale size vary between who makes the statue?
TentacleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #336
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleWolf View Post
Probably a dumb question, but how would this match up in size to XMs 1/6 Rebirth Hal Jordan? I know they're both 1/6 but just based on images Johns body seems bigger. Hard to tell for me, will they be same size since they're both 1/6, or does scale size vary between who makes the statue?
I had the XM Flash rebirth and it sized up pretty good with the Tweeterhead pieces. Don’t have any pictures as it was displayed with Tweeterhead but I did, for grins, put them side by side for my own perspective. The base of the XM Flash was just too big to display together and when I saw that TH was going to create a Flash I decided to sell the XM.

BTW, pre-ordered JS.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #337
TentacleWolf
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I had the XM Flash rebirth and it sized up pretty good with the Tweeterhead pieces. Don’t have any pictures as it was displayed with Tweeterhead but I did, for grins, put them side by side for my own perspective. The base of the XM Flash was just too big to display together and when I saw that TH was going to create a Flash I decided to sell the XM.

BTW, pre-ordered JS.
Cool, thanks. I just dont want there to be major size differences, as long as they look nice together I'll be satisfied.
TentacleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #338
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Cool, thanks. I just dont want there to be major size differences, as long as they look nice together I'll be satisfied.
I hav no doubt they will look fine together but man that XM construct could overpower.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 10-09-2021 at 02:40 PM.
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #339
Marcelorj83
Frackin!

Quote:
Here you can see Tweeterhead and XM pieces side by side
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0078.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	143220  
Marcelorj83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #340
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelorj83 View Post
Here you can see Tweeterhead and XM pieces side by side
That's an excellent display of the original 7. Well done.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote