Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #51
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I agree with BillyCurly as he hit most of the points I can think of. I did like some of it, but the woke garbage just ruined what could have been a good show.

Teela was a complete mess. Her character design was as bad as the writing for her. Here is a woman who was raised by an excellent father. You could say that children don't always follow their parents' teachings, but she is a grown up and her personality had previously been established. While hot headed, she wouldn't act like a narcissist and walk out.

Then you have King Randor not acting like King Randor. Did you ever see him treat Duncan like that? Could you imagine him treating anybody like that?

Man-At-Arms was completely sidelined and he had to be coerced into helping? He had aspirational aspects to his character just like He-Man. He wouldn't need to be prodded into helping. That was totally out of character.

Then there was Orco. If I remember correctly, Orco's magic worked in Trolla (I know it was an illusion) and he was considered competent there. Provided I'm remembering the original show correctly, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be all bent out of shape with the name thing.
He was a very accomplished sorcerer on Trolla. Rockstar status.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:10 AM   #52
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just listened to a Kevin Smith interview on my local radio show (Preston&Steve). He was pretty funny talking about this. He said "I haven't had the eye of Sauron on me this strong since Dogma." He also said for all the hater who complain about not enough He-Man to calm down and wait for the next 5 episodes (that have are all done and in the can for those who will claim he changed them based on complaints). There is an epic battle for the ages.

I watched the show and enjoyed it. I took it for what it is - a work of fiction and a cartoon that is paying homage to the lore of He-Man. I don't understand why people are putting agendas on it, saying something is left/right. Just watch it as a cartoon. Like you did as a kid.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #53
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Just listened to a Kevin Smith interview on my local radio show (Preston&Steve). He was pretty funny talking about this. He said "I haven't had the eye of Sauron on me this strong since Dogma." He also said for all the hater who complain about not enough He-Man to calm down and wait for the next 5 episodes (that have are all done and in the can for those who will claim he changed them based on complaints). There is an epic battle for the ages.

I watched the show and enjoyed it. I took it for what it is - a work of fiction and a cartoon that is paying homage to the lore of He-Man. I don't understand why people are putting agendas on it, saying something is left/right. Just watch it as a cartoon. Like you did as a kid.
Exactly Demona and that's just what I did and enjoyed it very much.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #54
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Haven't watched it and most likely not going to since MotU was never my thing but I have to say as a general statement, I am sooooo tired of people watching something that doesn't fit what they want it to be and their only response is " I hate this woke stuff" Good lord, if you want what you watched before, go watch the old episodes. If you want to judge it on the story, then fine but stop with the woke sh*t for everything you don't like. Things change people, it just happens. And if you are not enjoying it, then why are you still watching it?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:24 AM   #55
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Here we go... I hope no one gets banned...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #56
GiggaChad
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I am sooooo tired of people watching something that doesn't fit what they want it to be and their only response is " I hate this woke stuff" Good lord, if you want what you watched before, go watch the old episodes.

If you want to judge it on the story, then fine but stop with the woke sh*t for everything you don't like.

Things change people, it just happens. And if you are not enjoying it, then why are you still watching it?
You haven't even watched the series, yet can't help but inject yourself into a conversation. Could you be more of a drama queen?

Why is it a particular group of losers like yourself always trying to tell other people what to do? First of all don't tell me or anyone else what they can/can't and should/shoudn't do, what they like or don't like and why they should or shouldn't like it.
And the hypocrite in you cries when others do it to you.
It's not really any of your damn business what people think or do. Potato heads like yourself get off on trying to control others because you have no control in real life. You can't self govern and yet only desire to govern others.
You have no skin in the game here at all. No one cares at all one iota what you think.
1.You are not a fan
2. You haven't watched the show
3.Your livelihood doesn't depend on if the property succeeds or fails by destroying it's fanbase who actually DOES purchases products and consumes it's content.
GiggaChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #57
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Here we go... I hope no one gets banned...
Ah yes, when keeping it real goes wrong
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #58
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think "That Star Wars Girl" on Youtube said it best in her review.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:06 PM   #59
Megatage
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I am sooooo tired of people watching something that doesn't fit what they want it to be and their only response is " I hate this woke stuff" Good lord,
Yeah everyone. Stop making observations!
Don't bring up things.
Why do you keep noticing stuff?
Quit recognizing patterns, and then mentioning them to people in general..either in person ooooOR online.

It really really bothers meeee and angers meee, and I hate it ...I just can't stand it. I'd rather be hung up by my testicles than listen to you drone on about how subversive propaganda annoys YOU!
If you can't just shut your mouth and enjoy nothing then watch the crap and digest it silently.
Megatage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #60
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggaChad View Post
You haven't even watched the series, yet can't help but inject yourself into a conversation. Could you be more of a drama queen?

Why is it a particular group of losers like yourself always trying to tell other people what to do? First of all don't tell me or anyone else what they can/can't and should/shoudn't do, what they like or don't like and why they should or shouldn't like it.
And the hypocrite in you cries when others do it to you.
It's not really any of your damn business what people think or do. Potato heads like yourself get off on trying to control others because you have no control in real life. You can't self govern and yet only desire to govern others.
You have no skin in the game here at all. No one cares at all one iota what you think.
1.You are not a fan
2. You haven't watched the show
3.Your livelihood doesn't depend on if the property succeeds or fails by destroying it's fanbase who actually DOES purchases products and consumes it's content.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote