Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #1321
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yea I kept both. I spent only like $20 for them and the Tamiya tape came in a 3 pack.

I will use it for the boot tongue because I want precision.

I could use the Frog Tape for the actual base though. Thickness would be more useful there where I will be painting over a larger area.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #1322
unique crysis

Just received her and I absolutely love her, this pcs 1/3 street fighter line is easily becoming one of my favorite statue line to collect I get ryu in tomorrow pretty excited to add him to the line as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_150447.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	141105   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_150436.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	141106   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_150424.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	141107   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_150411.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	141108  
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #1323
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique crysis View Post
Just received her and I absolutely love her, this pcs 1/3 street fighter line is easily becoming one of my favorite statue line to collect I get ryu in tomorrow pretty excited to add him to the line as well
Niiice! where you buy it?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #1324
unique crysis

I purchased her at Sideshow, I'm considering buying Sagat next so far I've been really impressed with this line, I know I'm late to it but coming from buying DC and Marvel pieces from Sideshow Prime 1 and XM I'm actually really impressed with PCS even the older 1/3 pieces hold up really well
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:48 PM   #1325
Shinobu Sensui

Congrats! Glad to see you are really enjoying it!
Old 07-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #1326
Shinobu Sensui

Question. What do you guys prefer for painting a statue (especially for fixing things)?

Oil paint or acrylic? I have both, so that's why I was wondering.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:19 AM   #1327
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Question. What do you guys prefer for painting a statue (especially for fixing things)?

Oil paint or acrylic? I have both, so that's why I was wondering.

Thanks.
I've always used acrylics; no idea if oil paint works and gives the desired result. Keep us updated; I haven't gotten the Delta but curious to see the result.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #1328
Shinobu Sensui

I ended up getting Liquitex acryllic. They dry much faster and I wasn't sure how the oil would affect the statue itself. I got some matte sealer too.

I should be able to tackle it later this week.

I'll let you know my results! I always like sharing and learning stuff so I'm down.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #1329
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Hey Shinobu Sensui, reading some old comments I noticed you purchased your Killer Bee statue from Secretcompass. I was thinking about buying from there too and I was just wondering if your statues came with any issues like leaning or paint scuffs or other major defects. Any insight would be appreciated
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #1330
Shinobu Sensui

Hi Cool1sky. I have the Delta and the Alpha Cammy. I also wanted to point something out just from my observation. I have measured the statues multiple times and it does in fact seem the Alpha statue is ever so slightly larger around the hip/butt area. Not by a ton, however it definitely explains why she still looks larger there to me, even now in person.

I made some posts throughout about what I had come up along the way. Nothing really too bad, but just some minor stuff. I have photos of them in the thread if you wish to look at them to see what I mean. I do have them listed below:

1. Loose thread under the crotch area of both of them (not a big deal, just used some facial grooming scissors).

2. I have a very very faint scuff in the leg of the Alpha Cammy. You have to be right in the front of it and looking for it with a light shining on it.

3. Under the fabric you may see little oddities but it isn't for display so it's not a big deal.

4. I have some very light scratch and scuff marks on the boots of the Delta Red Cammy I will paint over (should be straightforward). I will also paint the tongue on the boots black instead of red as it should be.

5. I saw that post on Facebook and it did seem as if my Killer Bee does lean ever so slightly. I checked it next to the Delta and it does indeed lean just so slightly. Not a major amount and it holds up fine so I'm not worried about it.

6. I have a very small lighter spot on the chest area right in the center. Something like how bleach would look, but it is very small.

Statues will always have some oddities that will make them a bit different. So if you expect absolute perfection you will likely be disappointed if you expect there to not be any tiny scuffs near the fabric or something. Major defects should of course be corrected or replaced.

However I'm satisfied with mine and I have no major issues. The customer service is great and Shane was cool. Just be prepared for around 5 days or so depending on where you live.

Hope that helps.