Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #11
qz33
Rescue

eBay and PayPal are still the best in the game and always will be.
That costs money and any corporation will always look to grow. Once past saturation that means fees and changes which yes can become like a cancer.
But there will NEVER be a competitor.

As far as bank account nonsense I mean you do all have a separate selling/buying bank account only right? RIGHT??
Mine is at a separate bank with no other accounts and I only withdraw cash. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Never let the tail wag the dog boys.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #12
qz33
Rescue

And everyone complaining about seller protection guess what? That's how it works in the real world for anyone selling anything!

That's the risk. Wal-mart, Target they all risk on fraudulent buyers. Yeah I get they're huge companies and you are just little you but eBay had to choose a side and guess what no matter what you think there will always be people trying to sell whatever they have. Without a safe place for buyers no one will buy and guess who actually brings the CASH to a transaction AND eBay? Yep buyers.

As a company eBay cannot become mired in endless disputes between sellers and buyers. As a buyer that has been the victim of seller fraud I can easily say that without the protection there is no way I would buy this kinda stuff there. Yeah but if no sellers... yeah If what you had was so precious you wouldn't need eBay.

People have become truly coddled.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #13
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And everyone complaining about seller protection guess what? That's how it works in the real world for anyone selling anything!

That's the risk. Wal-mart, Target they all risk on fraudulent buyers. Yeah I get they're huge companies and you are just little you but eBay had to choose a side and guess what no matter what you think there will always be people trying to sell whatever they have. Without a safe place for buyers no one will buy and guess who actually brings the CASH to a transaction AND eBay? Yep buyers.

As a company eBay cannot become mired in endless disputes between sellers and buyers. As a buyer that has been the victim of seller fraud I can easily say that without the protection there is no way I would buy this kinda stuff there. Yeah but if no sellers... yeah If what you had was so precious you wouldn't need eBay.

People have become truly coddled.
Ebay as a feedback system. Where a seller ONLY can leave positive feedback to a buyer. New or old you can only leave positive. Now lets just say...if i just broke my really expensive statue, and i saw that you are selling one just like it brand new in the box. What stops me from buying ur auction with a new account swapping with my broken statue and opening a ebay claim against you? NOTHING AT ALL

So why we have a feedback system? isn't it there so buyers can see the sellers feedback and judge for themselves if this is a honest seller? Then why have a feedback system?

You cant compare Wallie world and other major retailers with ebay. Because most of ebay sellers are regular ppl. The margins aren't massive as the wallie world margins.

I am the buyer and i own you on ebay!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:39 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

What stops a seller from selling a mint condition statue and shipping a broken one? NOTHING AT ALL.

Yeah everything about eBay has been evolutionary and unfortunately no better solutions have presented themselves. It's not a solvable problem. People just want to expect the safety they are accustomed to as a consumer also when they are a merchant. Sorry doesn't work that way.

Back when feedback was a dual system if a buyer had a problem it was an automatic negative retaliation from a seller. Then if they wanted to sell they had the negative feedback.

The only comparison to regular people and huge retailers is one of risk. Yes they have far higher sales and can offset it but many small mom and pop businesses assume and endure this risk everyday every time they ship something.

eBay cannot and should not become equal arbiter for both sides. eBay is only a market facilitator and usually there's no feasible way to snuff out the truth from what limited evidence could be presented. To keep people buying and using their service they had to pick a side and they went with the one actually bringing financial gain.

Point is there's always gonna be a risk and as seller if you can't personally bear the risk of losing the item then don't sell it on eBay. Or just don't ship it, deliver it yourself or have it picked up by the buyer. Not feasible you say? Well duh, neither is expecting a company to bear the responsibility for justice for millions of shipped transactions a month. That is what the court system is for which is still an option but yes we all know how worthwhile that will be as well because RELIABLE evidence will always be problem with shipping. As it states on EVERY auction the listing is the sole responsibility of the seller.

You are selling on eBay because of the opportunity to reach a broader audience than you could on your own. eBay does not owe you the opportunity to reduce your own risk you yourself have assumed just by you using their service.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #15
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What stops a seller from selling a mint condition statue and shipping a broken one? NOTHING AT ALL.

Yeah everything about eBay has been evolutionary and unfortunately no better solutions have presented themselves. It's not a solvable problem. People just want to expect the safety they are accustomed to as a consumer also when they are a merchant. Sorry doesn't work that way.

Back when feedback was a dual system if a buyer had a problem it was an automatic negative retaliation from a seller. Then if they wanted to sell they had the negative feedback.

The only comparison to regular people and huge retailers is one of risk. Yes they have far higher sales and can offset it but many small mom and pop businesses assume and endure this risk everyday every time they ship something.

eBay cannot and should not become equal arbiter for both sides. eBay is only a market facilitator and usually there's no feasible way to snuff out the truth from what limited evidence could be presented. To keep people buying and using their service they had to pick a side and they went with the one actually bringing financial gain.

Point is there's always gonna be a risk and as seller if you can't personally bear the risk of losing the item then don't sell it on eBay. Or just don't ship it, deliver it yourself or have it picked up by the buyer. Not feasible you say? Well duh, neither is expecting a company to bear the responsibility for justice for millions of shipped transactions a month. That is what the court system is for which is still an option but yes we all know how worthwhile that will be as well because RELIABLE evidence will always be problem with shipping. As it states on EVERY auction the listing is the sole responsibility of the seller.

You are selling on eBay because of the opportunity to reach a broader audience than you could on your own. eBay does not owe you the opportunity to reduce your own risk you yourself have assumed just by you using their service.
I don't know about this. My understanding is eBay is only making money from the SELLER fees. So if you alienate sellers, then there will be less items being listed and sold (and that would hurt eBay). I understand they need to protect the buyer as well but I personally believe they have gone too far in that direction.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Yeah man it's all chicken and the egg but have to pick a side and other than the paltry unsold listing fee where is the SELLER getting the money for all those fees?
Old 06-06-2021, 10:25 PM   #17
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My biggest issue with eBay is that I’ve been there for 2 decades and they are suspending my account because I refuse to update my account using there payment banking option. I’m not a store and randomly sell things. It’s almost like F U for being loyal to us.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:24 PM   #18
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
My biggest issue with eBay is that I’ve been there for 2 decades and they are suspending my account because I refuse to update my account using there payment banking option. I’m not a store and randomly sell things. It’s almost like F U for being loyal to us.
Did they suspend you from buying also or just selling?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:55 AM   #19
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Did they suspend you from buying also or just selling?
Just from selling until I update my account to have my banking info to eBay. I also don’t want to give my personal info like my driver license to use there platform to sell.

The entire thing is bogus. If they allow buyers to use PayPal, why can’t they allow seller to use it also.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #20
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just from selling until I update my account to have my banking info to eBay. I also don’t want to give my personal info like my driver license to use there platform to sell.

The entire thing is bogus. If they allow buyers to use PayPal, why can’t they allow seller to use it also.
Ah, okay. They never asked me for my license info. Of course, they never asked me for my login info, either.

I think their contract is such that buyers can use paypal until 2023...after that, I guess we'll find out. So, trying to get sellers set up on their payment system while still giving buyers the ability to pay as they normally would with paypal. I think the question is how buyers are going to respond if at some point they can no longer use paypal.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote