Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2021, 09:43 PM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Ah, okay. They never asked me for my license info. Of course, they never asked me for my login info, either.

I think their contract is such that buyers can use paypal until 2023...after that, I guess we'll find out. So, trying to get sellers set up on their payment system while still giving buyers the ability to pay as they normally would with paypal. I think the question is how buyers are going to respond if at some point they can no longer use paypal.
I hope sellers leave there platform if that is the route they want to take. It’s absolutely absurd they want to take control of everything and not know it will hurt there bottom line. When I buy stuff from other etailers, I only pay through PayPal. I will not put my credit card info other than through Sideshow collectibles.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:02 PM   #22
Halcyon
New Republic

Question

Question about Paypal and their policies nowadays (2021).

Like to open an account so i can buy directly from Prime1. But I also found a few complaint-stories from ppl who put money in their PP-account and PP froze it for a very long time while customer has to verify all sort of additional evidence who they are (even after bankaccount with all info is already linked).

If you only buy 'normal' products and 'statues' from well known sites. Did any of you get additional request by PP for additional info? And is total amount of product a factor? e.g. when you pay $2k and up at once?
Or is PP (still) as easy as they claim on their site? Thx.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:39 PM   #23
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I’ll be honest I’ve never heard of that but I’ve also had my PayPal account for probably about eight years and if that ever was the case I don’t remember

I think there was one instance where I got paid by the buyer after I sold them some thing on eBay and the funds were on hold but for some reason they had to verify the funds so that took like two business days and I recall being told to wait before sending out the merchandise. I forget what that was about but I think the payment method was may be from out of the country even though I was shipping the item in the United States
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #24
Halcyon
New Republic

Ok, but CS/trouble shooting etc is no problem (when fixed within week).
Im from europe and only a buyer (not selling), so large amount also has to be converted by them.

But it would worry me if I have to send complete ID and other legal documents to callcentre personel abroad so they can check it/store in database etc.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:45 PM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

Video games that are older apparently have increased in value. Games I bought for $20 have sold recently for $100. I have no desire to play these old games, spent years on shelf getting dusty now.

I figured unload them, but wasn't sure best way to sell them all off. Not used ebay so wasn't sure have to go through them regardless of issues that come with it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:07 PM   #26
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Video games that are older apparently have increased in value. Games I bought for $20 have sold recently for $100. I have no desire to play these old games, spent years on shelf getting dusty now.

I figured unload them, but wasn't sure best way to sell them all off. Not used ebay so wasn't sure have to go through them regardless of issues that come with it.
The same scam as everyone goes thru. Keep in mind shipping thru USPS u can have a special rate. Just ask the clerk for "media rate"
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:54 AM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
My biggest issue with eBay is that I’ve been there for 2 decades and they are suspending my account because I refuse to update my account using there payment banking option. I’m not a store and randomly sell things. It’s almost like F U for being loyal to us.

I did as eBay asked and gave them my banking info. I have since sold an item on eBay for $350US. The way it goes now is that eBay gets paid in full by the buyer, they then take their cut at source, they then tax the eBay fees further for Canada, and then send the cash that is left to my bank account after they do their processing thing. It took a full week for me to receive the cash. Big difference from getting my cash immediately with PayPal. Meanwhile, eBay appears to expect you to ship the item even without having the cash in hand or else risk being perceived as a deadbeat seller by them who is taking more than a week to ship. I can live with doing that for small value items but what if I just sold a 2k item? I'm supposed to ship that without cash in hand for it?

Not a fan of the new system. Not having immediate access to my money is a big negative. Also, waiting a full week for my cash sucks even more. When I told the buyer I wanted to wait until the cash arrived just to be on the safe side, I can feel that they did not appreciate it (even though they reluctantly understood).
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:03 AM   #28
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
eBay appears to expect you to ship the item even without having the cash in hand or else risk being perceived as a deadbeat seller by them. I can live with doing that for small value items but what if I just sold a 2k item? I'm supposed to ship that without cash in hand for it?
That's not true. I just sold something on the 17th and they paid on the 18th and it goes into my checking account tonight and I don't have to ship it until Wednesday the 21st. All my stuff is like that.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #29
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
That's not true. I just sold something on the 17th and they paid on the 18th and it goes into my checking account tonight and I don't have to ship it until Wednesday the 21st. All my stuff is like that.

That wasn't my experience. Say the client (from the US) paid eBay on Monday, I would likely not see the cash in my account (in Canada) before the following Monday. Meanwhile, in the interim, I will get the "did you send the item yet" and "please post your tracking number" emails from eBay before I have the cash in hand.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #30
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
That wasn't my experience. Say the client (from the US) paid eBay on Monday, I would likely not see the cash in my account (in Canada) before the following Monday. Meanwhile, in the interim, I will get the "did you send the item yet" and "please post your tracking number" emails from eBay before I have the cash in hand.
That would suck, sorry you're having such a horrible experience with it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote