Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #381
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak85 View Post
@Crazy88- Yup you're right, it will be in the July previews and shipping in September
Damn it. Fingers crossed either this or the AH Tomb Raider gets put back.
These are my only must have stautes this year and it looks like they are gonna be released real close together
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #382
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

All,

I've turned in my solicitation information to Diamond. Here's the gig:

The brand new Aspen statue will be available to order in the JULY 2010 Diamond Previews catalog for items shipping in September. The catalog itself comes out the end of next month, June 23rd to be exact. You'll need to hit up your local retailer or specialty shop to get one ordered.

As of right now, I have the statue scheduled to be in stores on September 29th! That gives us plenty of leeway just in case we get slowed down in shipping, customs, etc. Like I mentioned before, we're already in production on this statue, so any unforeseen disasters aside, we should be fine to hit that street date no problem.

Price you ask? Well, the original Soulfire Grace statue was sold for $269.99 and we sold out in about a month. Kiani we bumped up to $349.99 and that sold great as well. In fact, it's close to selling out too and probably would have already, if not for the base situation. Diamond is completely out of Kiani statues and we have less than 75 left to sell from our store. I'm sure they'll all go eventually.

With that said, this statue was easily the most costly one for us to make. It might not look quite as intricate as Kiani because of the water and such, but Dene spent more time on this statue than the other two combined! Honestly. Nothing on this statue was machined. Dene SCULPTED those see-through translucent fins, the matching 'wings' on her shoulders, everything. The man is truly one of the most talented people I've ever met.

So, normally a higher production cost (sculpting, materials, labor - everything has grown more costly with the economy the past few years) means a higher price point. However, with everything that's occurred with the Kiani statue, we wanted to try and make it up to you, our loyal fans and supporters. Now we couldn't go crazy on bringing the price down, but we kept it as low as we could despite everything I explained above. So, when you see this beauty in Previews next month, the price will be:

$299.99

In order to match the exact same profit margin we had on Kiani (which wound up being less than zero due to the base situation once again!), this statue would have to be another $100 more at least. But like I said, we really did our best to keep the price as affordable as we could and still hopefully recover a bit from Kiani. I know the problems on that statue really affected many of you, but I truly cannot explain how much it hit us. That's why I'm hoping all of you can manage to pick one of these up and enjoy it from the moment you display it on your shelf!

As well, we'll be doing pre-orders for the Aspen statue on our Aspenstore too, but I'd urge you to please explore picking it up from your local retailer first. We don't have any of the pre-order info ready to go yet, but we'll be starting them on July 1st, that I do know. Between now and then, I'll get everything set with Chris so any of you purchasing it directly from us will know what's what.

Thanks again, and make sure to order your Aspen statue from the July Diamond Previews catalog coming out on June 23rd!!

Last edited by frankm; 05-24-2010 at 10:24 PM.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #383
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Thanks for the info Frank!

Will we be able to get the matching #'s as before if we go through Aspenstore?

Also...

When will we get to see the variant??
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #384
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

WOW, that's amazing, thanks for all of the information Frank. One question, is there any particular reason you are urging people to order from the cataloge as opposed to pre-ordering directly from you guys at Aspen??
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #385
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

CF,

Yes, we're working on figuring out all of the pre-order info for our store, including edition numbers. Stay tuned. No word on any exclusive just yet...

NLMSP,

Honestly, I appreciate everyone wanting to order directly from us. We're able to make more money on those statues that way too! However, ordering from your local retailer helps make THEM more money and in turn increases our direct market orders. The more initial orders we get up front, the more overall statues we can make...and then ultimately we can receive better rates from the factory. That helps to SAVE us more money in the long run which I wholeheartedly prefer over the higher possible pre-orders. Of course we'll certainly make enough statues to cover the pre-orders we receive. I know a lot of people like to buy directly from us which is great. But, ordering from your local retailer helps us out a lot too and benefits them as well!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #386
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
All,

I've turned in my solicitation information to Diamond. Here's the gig:

The brand new Aspen statue will be available to order in the JULY 2010 Diamond Previews catalog for items shipping in September. The catalog itself comes out the end of next month, June 23rd to be exact. You'll need to hit up your local retailer or specialty shop to get one ordered.

As of right now, I have the statue scheduled to be in stores on September 29th! That gives us plenty of leeway just in case we get slowed down in shipping, customs, etc. Like I mentioned before, we're already in production on this statue, so any unforeseen disasters aside, we should be fine to hit that street date no problem.

Price you ask? Well, the original Soulfire Grace statue was sold for $269.99 and we sold out in about a month. Kiani we bumped up to $349.99 and that sold great as well. In fact, it's close to selling out too and probably would have already, if not for the base situation. Diamond is completely out of Kiani statues and we have less than 75 left to sell from our store. I'm sure they'll all go eventually.

With that said, this statue was easily the most costly one for us to make. It might not look quite as intricate as Kiani because of the water and such, but Dene spent more time on this statue than the other two combined! Honestly. Nothing on this statue was machined. Dene SCULPTED those see-through translucent fins, the matching 'wings' on her shoulders, everything. The man is truly one of the most talented people I've ever met.

So, normally a higher production cost (sculpting, materials, labor - everything has grown more costly with the economy the past few years) means a higher price point. However, with everything that's occurred with the Kiani statue, we wanted to try and make it up to you, our loyal fans and supporters. Now we couldn't go crazy on bringing the price down, but we kept it as low as we could despite everything I explained above. So, when you see this beauty in Previews next month, the price will be:

$299.99

In order to match the exact same profit margin we had on Kiani (which wound up being less than zero due to the base situation once again!), this statue would have to be another $100 more at least. But like I said, we really did our best to keep the price as affordable as we could and still hopefully recover a bit from Kiani. I know the problems on that statue really affected many of you, but I truly cannot explain how much it hit us. That's why I'm hoping all of you can manage to pick one of these up and enjoy it from the moment you display it on your shelf!

As well, we'll be doing pre-orders for the Aspen statue on our Aspenstore too, but I'd urge you to please explore picking it up from your local retailer first. We don't have any of the pre-order info ready to go yet, but we'll be starting them on July 1st, that I do know. Between now and then, I'll get everything set with Chris so any of you purchasing it directly from us will know what's what.

Thanks again, and make sure to order your Aspen statue from the July Diamond Previews catalog coming out on June 23rd!!
so this thing is at least $400?
...not into it that much...
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #387
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Fengjun,

Not sure you properly read my post. The statue will be priced at $299.99.

I was trying to explain how much it would have had to cost in order for us to match the cost to profit ratio we had on the previous Kiani statue. That info was just for some additional knowledge, that's it.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #388
abarron
Batman

Frank any ideas if there is gonna be a print with this one like Kiani??
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #389
vpw

I'll order direct...but shipping from across the pond usually nearly kills me...
I did get my lava kiani direct though...
vpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #390
puntapret

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
CF,

Yes, we're working on figuring out all of the pre-order info for our store, including edition numbers. Stay tuned. No word on any exclusive just yet...

NLMSP,

Honestly, I appreciate everyone wanting to order directly from us. We're able to make more money on those statues that way too! However, ordering from your local retailer helps make THEM more money and in turn increases our direct market orders. The more initial orders we get up front, the more overall statues we can make...and then ultimately we can receive better rates from the factory. That helps to SAVE us more money in the long run which I wholeheartedly prefer over the higher possible pre-orders. Of course we'll certainly make enough statues to cover the pre-orders we receive. I know a lot of people like to buy directly from us which is great. But, ordering from your local retailer helps us out a lot too and benefits them as well!
Frank,

So if we would like to have the same edition number with Kiani Lava, the one and only way is to order directly from your store right ?
puntapret is offline   Reply With Quote