Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #21
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Didn't expect anybody to care about this series enough to make statues for it. I'm in for the newer designs because I can't see the older models being used. Me and my husband played a lot of matches together after he taught me how to play. It's our favorite fighting game. I'm a Riptor, Jago and Maya player. He is a Orchid and TJ Combo player. So would love to see those characters made. Haven't purchased a PCS piece in years.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
Didn't expect anybody to care about this series enough to make statues for it. I'm in for the newer designs because I can't see the older models being used. Me and my husband played a lot of matches together after he taught me how to play. It's our favorite fighting game. I'm a Riptor, Jago and Maya player. He is a Orchid and TJ Combo player. So would love to see those characters made. Haven't purchased a PCS piece in years.
This series was a BIG deal in the 90's. ----in' smashed the arcades. I literally shed tears when they announced it was coming back, lol.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #23
KiDD
Birdman

+1 for Jago!

Rash would be awesome as well
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:50 PM   #24
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
+1 for Jago!

i was wondering if the guests could be used, especially Rash since they're owned by the same company.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:10 PM   #25
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

By the time the full version was on Steam with GGPO the game was so dead online. It's a real shame since I always appreciated it but never had an Xbox One to play it. Anytime I found matches in the PC version the players had been playing for years and it just felt too steep to learn at that point. It's a bit of an underrated fighting game gem though. The originals got their fair share of nostalgia and popularity, but the 2013 game was surprisingly full of soul.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

Given how niche statue collecting is..
..combine that with how presumably niche Killer Instict is, compared to the mighty Street Fighter (..and Mortal Kombat)
How many piece's do PCS plan on making per character? ..assuming the line goes beyond 1 character.

If Sonya Blade classic or Laura Matsuda (fighting gear) failed to grab the interest of PCS, then i fail to see what PCS see in Killer Instinct?

Congrats to those that dig the IP
..as you can probably tell, i do not dig Killer Instinct
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #27
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i was wondering if the guests could be used, especially Rash since they're owned by the same company.
Guests are never part of a license. To do them would require a separate license, or at least modified agreement. 'Rash' would be about as easy as that gets though.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #28
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given how niche statue collecting is..
..combine that with how presumably niche Killer Instict is, compared to the mighty Street Fighter (..and Mortal Kombat)
How many piece's do PCS plan on making per character? ..assuming the line goes beyond 1 character.

If Sonya Blade classic or Laura Matsuda (fighting gear) failed to grab the interest of PCS, then i fail to see what PCS see in Killer Instinct?

Congrats to those that dig the IP
..as you can probably tell, i do not dig Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct is no doubtibly deserving of at least a couple statues. (Fulgore & Jago) There's literally nothing out there by anyone.

Was it as popular as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? No, but in the arcades it was always jamming with lines of people and was a well received fighting game. If Darkstalkers even had a couple statues made, then KI definitely should get something. There's so much Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat stuff out there, that's it's oversaturated the market. That's why it's starting to fall off with interest.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #29
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Maybe they can try the duo packs again to see if it makes them easier sells? I imagine Jago could be paired with Orchid. Not sure who they could sell with Fulgore though to be honest I think he would be the easiest sell solo unless they make Orchid's sculpt really attractive. The IP really isn't that well known or remembered, but PCS as a company heavily caters to the nostalgic crowd so it might work out for them. I think they have an easier time selling 90s and early 2000s stuff than they do things afterward. Some of these Killer Instinct statues might be easier sells for them than newer Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter characters.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:19 PM   #30
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
+1 for Jago!

I am toadally down for anything that is Battletoads. Good to know that there are literally several of us
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote