Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #461
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What's frustrating is that it is only a problem because all those statues have to be able to display nude which I don't give 2 Fs about.
So it's clearly a design flaw and what's worse is they couldn't have not known about this, but in the end thought it was fine. So that make me not want to order anything from them again.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:07 AM   #462
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
What's frustrating is that it is only a problem because all those statues have to be able to display nude which I don't give 2 Fs about.
So it's clearly a design flaw and what's worse is they couldn't have not known about this, but in the end thought it was fine. So that make me not want to order anything from them again.
I agree with you with regards to the nude aspect. I guess there's a significant cross section of their consumer base that needs to see their favourite character in the nude ......If only there was a world-wide service that provided sexual content, we might be able to get well finished statues
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:56 PM   #463
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah I hate the inclusion of cast off on a lot of these statues. It just hinders the design of the clothes. The Yuna statue coming out I really want, but it comes with an entire extra nude body I believe. It's just another tacked on $100 for something I will never use.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #464
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah I hate the inclusion of cast off on a lot of these statues. It just hinders the design of the clothes. The Yuna statue coming out I really want, but it comes with an entire extra nude body I believe. It's just another tacked on $100 for something I will never use.
Some of the body swapout statues come with separate regular and exclusive versions with the nude body available only in the exclusive. I recommend avoiding any statues with resin clothing cast off parts as there may be considers of warping, bad fit and paint transfer. If you you are ok with mixed media, the cast off statues with fabric parts would look good. Or go with the body swap out statues.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #465
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Would just putting a little bit of tape mess up the paint on the skirt?
Old 07-29-2021, 12:29 PM   #466
desertdragon
Sinister Six

For getting Tifa's skirt to fit properly, I found holding the two halves in place while gently heating them with a hair dryer allowed them to conform pretty much perfectly. And as for the paint transfer issue, I carefully coated the inside of her skirt with model masking tape - it is completely invisible from any external view and effectively keeps paint from the skirt interior off her body. As always YMMV, but these solutions worked well for me.
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:20 PM   #467
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Thank you! I'll give those a try. So just to clarify, when you used the hair dryer was the skirt on Tifa herself or did you just have the two pieces connected in your hands?
Old 07-30-2021, 02:02 AM   #468
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

But then what happens if you need to pack her up again?
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:49 AM   #469
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I doubt the tape is strong enough to prevent just pulling apart the skirt again. I think it is to help keep it secure when displayed
Old 07-30-2021, 10:28 AM   #470
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I doubt the tape is strong enough to prevent just pulling apart the skirt again. I think it is to help keep it secure when displayed
To clarify, I applied the masking tape strictly to shield the body sculpt from the black paint on the interior of her skirt, so the non-sticky side of the tape faces her body. The tape does not connect the two skirt halves, so they can be taken off without issue.
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote