Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #1241
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I can't imagine that hard actually. It's virtually the same suit. Lee's has crazier shoulder pads and the X-communicators on the chest. This is a good idea btw - might make me get more than one if the price is right.

I am laughing at how jacked Polaris is in that group art You'd think her powerset was brute strength.
Lol because at the time that was Polaris’ powers. I can’t remember the exact story points but I remember reading as a kid and being confused “isn’t this the magnetic lady? Why does she have super strength now?” But they did a power switch on her for a bit.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:34 AM   #1242
Peedi
The Secret Six

That black costume looks much better with the Silvestri styled slimmer shoulder pads and sleeves. Jim Lee made them big and bulky, I guess prepping for the more popular version of the costume.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:00 PM   #1243
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Lol because at the time that was Polaris’ powers. I can’t remember the exact story points but I remember reading as a kid and being confused “isn’t this the magnetic lady? Why does she have super strength now?” But they did a power switch on her for a bit.
Was that covered in her X-Factor run? Is this why I never knew that? Well thank you for making the art make sense.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #1244
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Good memory Peedi. From wiki:

Polaris lost her magnetism power, but gained the ability to absorb negative emotions from the environment and use it as strength, endurance, invulnerability, and the ability to temporarily increase her height and mass.

Uncanny Xmen 250+
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:35 PM   #1245
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ah thanks. I’ve read those issues but I don’t remember every detail.

I do remember enjoying that era though. For the fact that the X-Men comic at that time had no official X-Men team. I want to say Claremont for a good 2 years had the team mostly split up, I call it their Empire Strikes Back era, and gradually reconnecting with Storm meeting Gambit; Jubilee meeting Wolverine and the 2 of them finding the now Asian-transformed Psylocke; Jean who was on X-Factor teaming up with Forge and Banshee to find the missing X-Men, etc. it was random and fun. A lot of casual readers don’t like that period though, just a few individual issues like #256 and #266 of course.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #1246
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I really like that era as well
I thought it was fun and it did lead up to a nice build up to when the X-Men were reunited
That was also the error that made Psylocke Asian which I don’t know if that would really go over well in this day and age. But I do remember reading an interview with Chris Claremont and he never intended her to remain in an Asian body for as long as she was but he ended up not writing the book about two years or less after that change was made so he never got to revert her back
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:32 PM   #1247
Demona
Martian Manhunter

And by then she was madly loved in her style because of Jim Lee. So Marvel ran with it. Makes sense because X-Men comics were top of the heap then.

Hey guys - it’s only 59 days til virtual SDCC!! #StormRiot #CountdownToTheGoddess
Old 05-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #1248
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I really like that era as well
I thought it was fun and it did lead up to a nice build up to when the X-Men were reunited
That was also the error that made Psylocke Asian which I don’t know if that would really go over well in this day and age. But I do remember reading an interview with Chris Claremont and he never intended her to remain in an Asian body for as long as she was but he ended up not writing the book about two years or less after that change was made so he never got to revert her back
Yeah I remember reading that too.

If I remember correctly during X-Treme X-Men when he had Vargas kill her early on he wanted that to start the process of reverting her but he didn’t realize he was in the short lived “dead means dead” period of the early 2000s until after he killed her, so what was supposed to last a few issues lasted a few years, lol.

I want to say he’s the one that brought her back anyway when he had his 2nd run on UXM but she was still in Kwannon’s body. I guess he wasn’t allowed to revert her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And by then she was madly loved in her style because of Jim Lee. So Marvel ran with it. Makes sense because X-Men comics were top of the heap then.

Hey guys - it’s only 59 days til virtual SDCC!! #StormRiot #CountdownToTheGoddess
Potentially 59ish days until we see this…I’m so NOT surprised they made us wait this long for a reveal. I feel (because I don’t care if my entitlement is irrational and nonsensical) that at this point Storm shouldn’t be the only X-Men reveal. Go ahead and throw in AT LEAST one of the following: Nightcrawler, Dazzler, Bishop, Archangel, Iceman, Professor X in yellow hover chair, Jubilee, Mr. Sinister, Cockrum/Byrne style Cyclops. Of course a classic Havok and Banshee would send me over the moon, but I stuck to more likely choices.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:14 PM   #1249
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m guessing it’s Storm and Nightcrawler being shown. I have a feeling this is his year because it’s in the Sideshow way to take the spotlight from Storm because people will go apesh!t for Nightcrawler
Old 05-26-2021, 02:23 AM   #1250
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Nightcrawler is not a character I care near as much about as
Storm. Not even sure I’d buy a Nightcrawler.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote