Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #1991
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
Agreed and I love Paylocke. Perhaps they can add a few others. I want Mystique, Shadowcat (with Lockheed), Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Angel, Iceman and for now that’s it. Perhaps a modest White Queen since these little statues seem younger.
So they shouldn’t do this Emma? Lol

The juxtaposition of a skimpily dressed Emma in a highly cartoon style would be . . . different.

*I’ve also mistyped Psylocke as Paylocke a lot. I hate it. Lol. When I type her name nowadays I always do it a little slower so I hit the s and not the a.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:47 PM   #1992
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I always saw Jubilee as the worst of the 90's: lame powers, awful hair, horrible costume, and an after school special backstory. I'm sure it's better in the comics, but I didn't read more than a couple with her in a prominent place.
Eh, to each their own. The Animated Series made her at least well known either way. She’s one of the most known X-Men with very little merchandise. But “well known” isn’t exactly synonymous with “popular”. I have her first appearance and have read her earliest issues. A bit nonsensical but it’s fun and I liked how Claremont handled her.

keep it simple lol.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:11 AM   #1993
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Eh, to each their own. The Animated Series made her at least well known either way. She’s one of the most known X-Men with very little merchandise. But “well known” isn’t exactly synonymous with “popular”. I have her first appearance and have read her earliest issues. A bit nonsensical but it’s fun and I liked how Claremont handled her.

keep it simple lol.
Ha I just remembered Iron Studios didn't even bother selling the 1/10 Jubilee separately. No respect.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:11 AM   #1994
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think it's very important to keep Storm humble and getting hit by random things every once in a while. If not, she's running the risk of me rolling my eyes because she's unstoppable like Captain Marvel. I do not enjoy the Captain Marvel MCU franchise at all because I think she's just too overpowered and unstoppable. Storm runs the risk of this sometimes, but at least she is still breakable flesh and bone.

Infecting Storm with nanobots and dealing with her thoughts on death were great for many reasons, one being they showed her vulnerable.
Quote:
And same I like my Storm regal, godly when provoked but very much a nurturer. I kind of see her as Marvels answer to Wonder Woman and maybe a little Posion Ivy. I said a little. I don’t want her over powered either. Batroc kicking Storm was probably the highlight of his career. What happens next? I haven’t read this so I don’t know. Did she let him have it?
Two things y’all won’t like that I love.

1. In “Black Panther” it was established that due to Storm’s mystical nature, she actually is a Goddess apart from being a mutant. When shown faith and devotion she becomes more powerful. This happens a few times, and she ends up defeating The Adversary.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:12 AM   #1995
Peedi
The Secret Six

2. The second is from this week’s SWORD. This is fricking HUGE! This was the long term plan with Storm.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:15 AM   #1996
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Talking Thank you Peedi. I hate you but Thank you.

Quote:
So they shouldn’t do this Emma? Lol

The juxtaposition of a skimpily dressed Emma in a highly cartoon style would be . . . different.

*I’ve also mistyped Psylocke as Paylocke a lot. I hate it. Lol. When I type her name nowadays I always do it a little slower so I hit the s and not the a.

Okay so I’m humiliated about Paylocke. I went back and edited that and I gave you credit. Thanks for that and is that real? Did they really draw Emma that way? I haven’t read the Krakoa storyline yet where all the mutants live together but I’ve been keeping up on YouTube through some comic book reviewers.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:18 AM   #1997
Hunter Frost

Thumbs up

Quote:
Two things y’all won’t like that I love.

1. In “Black Panther” it was established that due to Storm’s mystical nature, she actually is a Goddess apart from being a mutant. When shown faith and devotion she becomes more powerful. This happens a few times, and she ends up defeating The Adversary.

I love and accept this. It’s not something she pulls out all the time it seems. I haven’t read this yet either. This takes place well after Panther divorces them right?
Old 06-26-2021, 02:19 AM   #1998
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Okay so I’m humiliated about Paylocke. I went back and edited that and I gave you credit. Thanks for that and is that real? Did they really draw Emma that way? I haven’t read the Krakoa storyline yet where all the mutants live together but I’ve been keeping up on YouTube through some comic book reviewers.
Emma has no consistent outfit since Krakoa. This was one of her looks.

Remember a few years ago when Disney took over and sexy costumes were forbidden? At least in the comics, it’s not a mandate anymore. Emma wears anything, and Goblin Queen was put back in the proper underboob costume. I guess they finally realized since most of us buying are adults, we can handle it.

Quote:
I love and accept this. It’s not something she pulls out all the time it seems. I haven’t read this yet either. This takes place well after Panther divorces them right?
Yeah, this is in not the last volume of Black Panther, but the previous one that started in 2016. Both volumes, 2016 and 2018, are one big story split in 2 parts though.

But yeah, this wouldn’t be something all the time. I’m glad it plays up her mystical ancestry though because rarely do writers bother with it even though it’s something frequently mentioned in her background.

It’s the implications of it though. Because now she’s the regent of Planet Arakko. Imagine the entire planet of Mars showing faith and devotion…I mean, her hair is already a fricking storm cloud.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:20 AM   #1999
Hunter Frost

Thumbs up

Quote:
2. The second is from this week’s SWORD. This is fricking HUGE! This was the long term plan with Storm.

I actually love this. I heard about it just a few hours ago listening to a comic book reviewer on YouTube. I think his name is The Comic Book Blerd(?). I believe so.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:41 AM   #2000
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I actually love this. I heard about it just a few hours ago listening to a comic book reviewer on YouTube. I think his name is The Comic Book Blerd(?). I believe so.
Yup, I watch his stuff often. Overkill, since in most cases I already read what he recaps so it’s kinda pointless for me to watch lol.