Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-30-2021, 08:01 AM   #91
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Grats. Jack, looks awesome! Crazy looking piece, I'll be seeing mine next week. I missed the boat with this one but was contacted by CM a few days ago about my waitlist and scored one today. A little nervous about the weight and size you mentioned. Paleman looking a little pale here isn't he? Don't know, never seen the movie. LOVE ECCs' use of translucent resin, even though some pieces feel like they need a bit more paint, hopefully this one has it too, can't quite see.
As Ranz said, please check out the movie. It’s really good. Amazing imo.

It seems like they tinted the resin, and added a pink wash over it. I agree that it could use a little more paint. Hopefully a matte spray will get it to where I want it. I messaged Rafael Robledo Jr to ask for suggestions.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:57 AM   #92
Vader
Ghost

I find the paint job very nice myself. I agree the shine could be toned down a bit. but otherwise, i like the effect on the translucent resin quite a bit. the clear resin gives real depth to the skin.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:00 AM   #93
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
As Ranz said, please check out the movie. It’s really good. Amazing imo.

It seems like they tinted the resin, and added a pink wash over it. I agree that it could use a little more paint. Hopefully a matte spray will get it to where I want it. I messaged Rafael Robledo Jr to ask for suggestions.
Yeah, will be having a look at the film. Alot of the ECC pieces have this, needs just_a_bit more paint. The Freddy "Nightmare" bust is another one, but still looks great. Dr. Raf is the go to person for this.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:28 AM   #94
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Is anyone ordering the cyclops just?
Thought it over but decided to go with Draxian and see how that came out first.

Quote:
Yeah, will be having a look at the film. Alot of the ECC pieces have this, needs just_a_bit more paint. The Freddy "Nightmare" bust is another one, but still looks great. Dr. Raf is the go to person for this.
And that is why. Lots of ECC's paints have been missing the mark for me lately. Draxian will pretty much be the last sight unseen I chance with them until I'm convinced otherwise. The pics look very saturated with color so if Draxian is right I'll probably look for a Cyclops.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:06 AM   #95
MK Ultra

Yeah, everytime you see ECC prototype photos that's what you're going to get, everything top notch. Paints look pretty strong and vivid but just dial it down about 15-20%, that's about what you're going to get. Last bust I got was Freddy about year and half ago, looks awesome.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #96
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I used to own the ECC Lycan bust, and thought that could have used *more* shine. That one had plenty of paint but had a matte finish.

Raf got back to me and recommended a clear matte coat spray. I do think they should have painted it white instead of dying the resin (that's what it looks like they did. I could be wrong). I hope this brings it closer to where I want it, because I'm not springing for a full repaint.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:51 PM   #97
Vader
Ghost

a white paint would have looked bad. the colour is right. just too much shine. a flat clear coat will give you the look you want. you need some translucency. the only other comparable alternative would be silicone.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #98
MK Ultra

Piece(bust)is SUPER heavy, didn't feel like removing him by myself and need to check for damage. Arms have a nice weight to them too, feels like the Paleman might be completely solid? Got #38. Another piece comparable to this one in weight is the Chronicles life size "Velociraptor" bust, the raptor is a tad heavier though. Raptor is ridiculous, it's like they filled him with concrete.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #99
Vader
Ghost

i know. heavy pieces are not as great as you get older. lol
Old 04-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #100
MK Ultra

ExactlyOnce you turn 50, look for the lighter weight stuff.