Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2021, 01:34 PM   #331
wayne-m0
The Spirit

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED.

Much appreciated for all your effort and for taking the time to draft this response. I have now put all the details to my distributor who got this piece in for me as he wants to try to sort this out for me but its an excellent suggestion and I completely agree about even sending in one piece for them to check and diagnose etc to see if there is a problem on the chrome adherence issue. Brilliant thank you very much.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #332
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have this same statue and did a look around on it and am not having this issue. It is in a temp controlled room with no windows so not sure if the windows stuff has helped me or if I just got lucky (or problems just haven’t materialized yet). I have had it almost 16 months. I certainly hope they get this taken care of for you and hope I don’t run into this as I will never be able to afford something like this again. I wonder how prevalent this issue is and if it was just happening at a certain point in the run or during an experimental time and you got the unlucky one? I do wish I would have gotten one that was shiny and had less guns though. Don’t like the double gun or the weathered affect in it.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:51 PM   #333
wayne-m0
The Spirit

UPDATE

Well I may have to eat my words and take my hat off to Sideshow. Looks like they may be building me a new Terminator to replace the damaged one. Problem will be shipping the old one back to them which is likely to be a pain and maybe costly not sure if they will pay for that service but if they do go to replace mine, hats off to them. Fingers crossed i get a brand new out of the box replacement! And the Chrome issues solved. Maybe
Old 02-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #334
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Well I may have to eat my words and take my hat off to Sideshow. Looks like they may be building me a new Terminator to replace the damaged one. Problem will be shipping the old one back to them which is likely to be a pain and maybe costly not sure if they will pay for that service but if they do go to replace mine, hats off to them. Fingers crossed i get a brand new out of the box replacement! And the Chrome issues solved. Maybe
Have to say, replacing that is what they should do considering the issue (still can’t believe that they tried to blame you) but the fact they are going to i think shows some integrity there. With all the bad I have heard about them lately (some from me) it is nice to see this. It’s the kind of service that builds trust with customers and that they were built on (which is why they are so huge in collector market now). Hopefully this is the start of them getting back on track. Keep us in the loop on how it goes.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #335
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Good stuff mate and no need to eat your words lol, sideshow should have not made you jump through hoops in the first place. Hopefully all smooth sailing from here forward, can't wait to see some awesome snaps!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #336
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Yes you are right there mate, had to fight to get any sort of reasonable response. not like its a £200 statue either. Will see how it all pans out buddy.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #337
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

good news. finger crossed your new life size will be good. Certainly the back shipping is a pain... but it will be worth ;-)
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:59 AM   #338
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
good news. finger crossed your new life size will be good. Certainly the back shipping is a pain... but it will be worth ;-)
yes you are right mate, so long as they have solved the chrome cracking issue this time round!
Old 05-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #339
batmbeyond
The Spirit

got this one in today the new Batman premium format and new it was damaged as soon as I picked up the box. You could here the leg rolling around against the body/cape. Sent pics to SS and waiting to hear back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210514_194507 (2).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	139383   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210514_194516 (2).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	139384   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210514_194521 (2).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	139385  
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #340
Bad Protocol
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmbeyond View Post
got this one in today the new Batman premium format and new it was damaged as soon as I picked up the box. You could here the leg rolling around against the body/cape. Sent pics to SS and waiting to hear back.
Damn! So sorry. I was surprised when I got mine that he came in so few pieces and was worried with the body being part of the base. SSC will make it right.
Bad Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote