Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #31
HULK SMASH
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod
I actually love this piece. I like it better than the white one. One of the reasons is because I like darker statues. Yea, like any other piece, it can have changes. Love the review. My final grade would probably a bit higher giving the white one the 3.5. But, that is only because of personal choice. I'm not bothered by the height either. It is an excellent piece to display on a second row. I'll take a pic of mine this week and show how I displayed it. I happen to have it on a single row but think it's great!
I agree,the rating should have been higher.
HULK SMASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #32
rychehitman
Galactus

Nice Review BC.

If I reviewed him, I think I would have scored higher, but I didn't, so what do I know!

I appreciate the scale pics! Nice to see him taller than that planet eating freak!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #33
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Nice Review BC.

If I reviewed him, I think I would have scored higher, but I didn't, so what do I know!

I appreciate the scale pics! Nice to see him taller than that planet eating freak!
Thanks Ryche!

First off, 3.5 is a pretty high score for me. I try to be very stringent in my grading, giving statues what I think is fair. I only have given one 5 ouf of 5 and I belive two or three four out of fives.

3.5 is actually a high score for my scale, and one I think is accurate. Its a great piece, but one with some problems. For the silver version, no color contrast, to me, hurts this a lot. I think the white version will have some color contrast and make the statue that much more cooler. Because of that, I give the silver a higher grade than the white.

ITs all subjective, and thanks for the feedback ryche.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #34
Capt. America
Kindly Asked To Leave

I Think it's an awesome statue can't wait for the white one
Capt. America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #35
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

wow,this review is depressing to read.mine will be here this weekend ,hope i am happy with it.
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #36
jimbo5905
Death is hereditary.

Man....I can't believe how tall it is.....wondering where I'm going to put it on my shelves...my Galactus is scraping the top of the case as it is.....nice review, though....I've seen the silver in my LCS and you are right...the white version will be the more sought after and the "definitive" version....the statue is just TOO silver....don't really know why two version were made, to be honest.....
jimbo5905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #37
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitthrawnuruondo
wow,this review is depressing to read.mine will be here this weekend ,hope i am happy with it.
Depressing? Its a very good statue. Just got a few problems I think the white version will not have.

In case you didn't know, I have the white version on order.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #38
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

can you post a closeup pic of the area where his cloak gathers in his arm that is raised and clutching the cape.the reason i ask is mine is really rough and undefined in the area,like maybe it is a manufacturer defect,or factory repaired damage.just curious,otherwise i think he looks really,sweet.
but i wish i hadnt cancelled my white i had ordered.
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #39
rychehitman
Galactus

ouch...you cancelled the white?

Man T, sounds like between SMK and Doom, you arent having FS luck. I Hope your SMK is like all the rest!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #40
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I got mine this afternoon and I love it. Didn't order the WMK as I already have another MK and two's enough for that character.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote